2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know where I could hunt ducks/geese anywhere North of tomball say with in a 75 mile range besides the katy prarie? I would like to hunt some timber, lakes or river! I have a 16' tunnel seaark 40 hp motor.

Please provide me with day hunt or lease information.

·
Getting shallower means chewing mud
1,643 Posts
You can also hunt on Sam Rayburn or Toledo Bend. I've hunted a few times from my camp on T-bend, but it is completely different than hunting in the marsh (which I'm more accustomed to). I think that Dam-B is public too, but a lot of it is WMA which is still huntable. I'm from over here so I don't know anything about Livingston or any of the lakes closer to Houston.

Tim

·
Registered
188 Posts
The lakes are a different king of hunting for sure. I'm still learning it.

It does not do any good to scout out a special spot and then have the lake level change 3ft before you can hunt. And it's public so on weekends don't get your heart broke if someone is in your special spot.

Last year was great. the lake was 5 feet low so the whole north end was a bunch of pot holes rather than open water.

Today the lake is 3 feet high!

Launch at Ed's Marina and start exploreing your way up river.

SE

·
Registered
20 Posts
If your looking for a guided trip, my brother and I booked through some guys in Anahuac, we didn't see any birds our first trip and the outfitter comped us another trip. Limited on the second trip. All on flooded timber.

Everything was good about this guy except his dog drove me nuts, dog wasn't steady at all. If we ever book through him again, I will definantly ask about bringing my own dog. PM me if you want the guides info, I'm pretty sure my brother still has it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts