2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Always three sides to every story - his, hers and the way it really is!

Dec 03, 2009 1:07 pm EST
Details of Elin Woods' newly-rewritten prenup emerge

By Jay Busbee
Elin and Tiger Woods had a prenuptial agreement, as expected. The couple is undergoing marital counseling, as you'd also expect. And now The Daily Beast is reporting that Elin Woods is renegotiating that prenup to get an immediate $5 million payout from her husband and as much as $55 million more to stay with him for two more years.
The initial prenup was worth $20 million after 10 years of marriage. However, the Chicago Sun-Times' Bill Zwecker has reported that Elin Woods will receive an immediate payment "into an account she alone controls," and that the 10-year timeframe -- which began when they married in 2004 -- has been shortened and the value increased "substantially."
The Daily Beast quotes "a lawyer familiar with the couple's negotiations" in reporting that the term of the prenup has been shortened to seven years, and that a series of staggered payments could increase the total value to $75 million.
But apparently there's also a behavioral component to all this: Elin Woods must "be a dutiful wife in showing up with him at social events and in public as if they were still the perfect couple, and sign a nondisclosure form that will prevent her from ever telling her story."
It's important to note that to date, there's no concrete evidence that Elin Woods has ever been anything but the perfectly dutiful golf wife. I'm sure the Woodses would like nothing more than to portray domestic calm to the world, and Elin Woods now apparently has several million more reasons to do just that.
New Details on Tiger's Prenup [The Daily Beast]
_____

·
Get Off My Bay!
6,584 Posts
I always thought a prenup was so one or both parties can protect what they already have before getting married? So why is there "bonus money" for his wife to stay with him? It is basically paying the woman to be his wife, the way I see it.

·
Registered
9,576 Posts
The initial prenup was worth $20 million after 10 years of marriage.
I had always thought a prenup was more along the lines of "I brought this to the marriage and you brought that and if we get divorced you get your stuff and I get mine."

This "I get X number of dollars after so many years of marriage" sounds like he is renting or buying what he is getting! That's a high-priced call girl.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I've got no pre-nup and married 30 years ago when we didn't have two nickels to rub together, but the purpose of a pre-nup is to limit the amount the spouse will get in a divorce. So they're getting less than they would otherwise be entitled to receive under common law.

You don't need a pre-nup to protect what you have before you're married. That's legally "separate property" and not subject to division. The pre-nup keeps the spouse from getting his or her share of community property which by definition is that which is earned or acquired after they are married.

If Ms. Woods gets her pre-nup amended so that she gets some more money, more power to her. And you can rest assured that it is far less than she would receive if no pre-nup were in place. She would otherwise be entitled to hundreds of millions of dollars. You may not like that, but it's the law, and it sounds like she's being the reasonable one in this exchange.

·
Banned
4,701 Posts
What? You mean she's a Goldigger? No freakin way!!!!! I just don't know what to believe anymore :)
She's not the one that shamed the family and brought the bloodsucking media world to their front door. If they did divorce, which she has every right to, she could move back to Sweden and take their kids with her.

·
All work n no play
2,380 Posts
I personally think this is no-one business. How in the heck does this stuff leak out? They should crucify the attorney for this, what happened to attorney client privilege? This agreement is no-ones business but the peope involved. That being said- Tiger got some expensive booty there!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.