2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the TIFT tourney in Port Isabel this past week. Prefished shallow (~40 miles) Wednesday and didn't find anything but a bunch of blackfin. Headed out deep Friday and Saturday, found plenty of activity and lines, but couldn't find a fish. It was SLOW. Hooked up one sail but it pulled the hook, and caught one ~35# Wahoo, not even close to big enough. Sounded like it was slow on the radio for most boats. I heard winning fish were 77# Wahoo, 36# Dolphin, 135# Yellowfin, 406# Blue and lots of Sails (around 15 weighed fish). Don't think anyone brought in a White. Still had a great time, left both mornings at 1:30 AM and fished until lines in.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
It was slow for us also. We caught fish, but nothing worth talking about. Water was pretty hot, and the current was ripping. Most of the money went to the Get Reel out of Key Alegro. They caught the winning sail. The blue that won was 413, but they apparently didn't have much money in the calcutta.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Where was the yellowfin caught? Do you know where any others of them were caught? camels head maybe?

·
23' Sea Ox/200 hpdi
3,118 Posts
I don't know if that yellowfin was caught there, but I heard that there were a few whale sharks out there on Friday and each was surrounded by small schools of yellowfin. We fished there on Saturday and actually found a little rip with a little saragassum, but we didn't have any luck. We got one blackfin and had one billfish knock a lure around for the weekend. Congrats to Brittany and Ashley Murphy for taking 1st and 2nd in Ladies Offshore. Ashley also took heaviest A.J.. Wish I could've seen a 60# girl fight a 30# A.J.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Tift

Lived in Misson for 30 yrs. Fished TIFT 25. Saw many 60 lb. women catch 400 lb. marlin. Maybe they are stronger than we give them credit for.
Just a comment!!!!!!
Terry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts