2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can find the tide tables for various areas and understand what is going on with the tide. But my question is about timing.

If the high tide is supposed to be at 7:00am for example, does that mean the fishing is best 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours, etc. before the "official" high tide?

Is there a preferred amount of time before or after a high or low tide. Like a window of time per say?

Thanks for any help you may offer this poor West-Texas desert dweller.

·
Banned
906 Posts
When there is a high tide or a low tide, that means it stops moving at that time. The tide will be at its highest or lowest level at that specific time stated. You want to fish when the tide is moving. Like before or after the high or low tide, in other words, when the tide is incoming or outgoing

·
Registered
32 Posts
It depends on what you are fishing for and where you are fishing. But for the most part tides here in Texas really have little to do with fishing success most of the time. Some areas are better on an incoming tide and some are better on an outgoing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks

Thanks for all of the responses. This is a great group here!

I will be down on the island the week of July 4th; so do me a favor and keep the bad weather away:bounce:
Thanks again from this poor West-Texas desert dweller.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts