2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found out that my wife and both kids were in an auto accident, pretty bad un, about a half hour ago in Santa Fe. They are all OK, no injuries, thought they had an ambulance out to check both my kids (boy 4, girl 1). They are pretty shook up though. My wife is emotional, and who knows how the kids will react? My parents were on their way to go pick them up, and since my father is with HPD he's a good person to show up and help her. I'm better than an hour away at work. :(

Really, I'm just glad they're physically OK and hope that they're emotionally OK.

Car is in real bad shape and sounds like my wife may be at fault, though she didn't know. Pretty stirry in her head right now. Witness said that the light turned red in front of her, and the other car jumped the gun - my wife said she was looking for a street sign (we live in Baytown so she isn't familiar with Santa Fe) and didn't see a red light. Other driver said his light was green. Who knows?

Car sounds bad, and unfortunately it is a rental car - our jeep is getting parts replaced and the mechanic had to rent a car for us. I have NO idea how the insurance on something like this will work, my wife never signed any rental papers it was just passed on. Not sure who to call on it yet and not sure what this is going to mean financially for us - but I can tell ya one thing, we don't have any wiggle room at all in the budget. :(

I guess my main prayer request is that there are a lot of worries going thru my mind right now, especially since I can't get to them for a couple hours. I need to be still and just be there with my wife and let the rest take care of itself, without pointless fear and worry.

This sucks. But thank God they're OK!

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Done...for sure. They are ok, then all else is fixable.......Deep breaths and know you have friends that care...You need to be strong for them now....

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Misty Dawn said:
Why are you typing a post on the computer as opposed to taking care of your family?
I am glued next to a phone at work. In traffic, I'm an hour to more likely an hour and ahalf away. My parents were 20 minutes away when she called, since her cell couldn't connect to my work but she got my parents. As soon as I know my parents have my wife and kiddos and they are ok, I'm out the door to intercept them.

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Dang

Man Im so sorry to hear this. Im glad they are all ok and I hope everything works out ok with the ins stuff. I know it can be a pain but try not to let it stress ya too much right now bro. Your wife and kiddos are gonna lean on you pretty heavy for a few days after an event like that. Thats all you need to worry about, that other stuff will take care of itself in time. If you need anything you know where to find me.

Z

·
Kayak Fisher
7,565 Posts
Capn,

Please be sure to keep us updated on your wife and kids. Sometimes the day after an accident is when injuries or aches and pains show up.

Heavenly Father,

Thank you for watching over capn's family in the vehicle accident yesterday and keeping them safe from harm. Remind capn and his wife that your perfect love casts out fear, and that you don't give us a spirit of fear but of a sound mind. Fill them with your love and peace, and let them know that you work all things out for good for those who love you.

I pray in the name of Jesus. Amen.

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, I was unable to give an update last night since I couldn't get an internet connection, I'm sorry about that.

No injuries, and it could have been really bad. One of those things were fractions of a second make all the difference! My wife is pretty sore in the neck and back, but OK... I think she might just want the excuse for a back rub. Kids are fine. Tim had really freeked out when it happened, and basically panicked, and it took a while to get him calmed down. One of the paramedics finally got thru to him to calm him down, and then all of a sudden he realized that he had a firetruck, ambulence, and a police car all there, and it turned into a nice little adventure for him. When he got home, he never said anything about the wreck, he wanted to tell me about the policemen with real guns that he got to talk to.
That's an answer to prayer in a big way, cause I was real worried about how he'd take this in the end. My wife is still pretty shook up, so I took off today to be at home with her. I think she's gonna be fine though.

Still finding out about the $ side of things, but really I can't tell ya how glad I am that she and the kiddos are ok. Don't know what I would have done?

Thanks for the prayers fellas. Please keep prayin that I will let the worries go - I'd rather just be thankful than waste my time worrying about money or something simple like that, but I have a real tendency to be a worrier.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Capn,
I'm so sorry about all of this, sorry this reply is late, I haven't been on here for a day or so, but I'm glad to hear everyone is ok, that is the most important part. I know how your wife feels, I was so shook up after my wreck that I called Zac first and he had to tell me to call 911! Please let us know if there is something we can do, lot's of prayers coming your way!
Melanie

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.