2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:rybka: got the batteries charged(mine and the boat's)
got my mind right...sharp hooks,new line...loaded for bear
just need to pick up the fried chicken....report to follow on Monday night.

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got that "Good feelin'" 'bout this evenin'!!:cheers:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Man I hope so, cause I been stranded on dry land again. I am again boatless, so I gonna go huntin, keep us informed. ;)

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Feeshin' Report...

Jeff(Partner in Slime)shows up at the door about 10'ish with his 12 yo stepson,Joe,in tow....not a problem,Joe's a good one.We load up the gear and head to the bridge to get bait.I notice it's a little breezy,even in the sheltered creek...oh,well.The bait situation is different than usual....taking way to many throws.Then, we snag a netfull.Throw for 10 minutes...another netfull.They musta been balled up in tight,'cause when you hit 'em...they were thick.Anyway,we worked for 'em.
Very ominous lookin' sky on Friday night...Dark thick clouds running by a 3/4 moon and a stiff E/SE wind.Our usual plan of action had to be altered in order to "use" the wind for an optimal drift...which turned out to be a great 5 hr. drift(2miles upriver and around a bend)It took about 45 min.,initially,to figure it out(where things would go in the current vs.wind battle)but,man,did we hit it right!
After that,we mainly sat around,BS'ing,catching eaters,until about 4am.We noticed that a set of 3 jugs had departed the main drift,and had almost gotten out of sight.When we went to gather them,one had what appeared to be another eater on it.Joe eases this fish up(as taught)and it's a FISH!
Well,us bein' on the ball,and all...nobody had the net out...and here's poor Joe standing there with a 30 lber(the biggest fish he's ever seen)about to pee in his breeches.Well....to make a long story short....I started tellin' Jeffro to grab a net,and the fish goes nuts and I tell poor Joe to give that fish some slack (got caught asleep at the wheel,we did)!The fish takes that slack and goes under the boat and starts headbuttin' the hell out of it....I mean visciously(it was extremely loud).Then,she comes out from underneath,straight up,tailwalks about five feet,and arches back into the lake.I **** you not!
Joe handles all of this like a pro,and,I'm sure was wondering where the hell the netman was!!Pictures taken...feesh released.Not the great night we expected....but,I'll fish all night long without anything for that one big biter!And a great young man has a great memory.
P.S.-Are bluecats s'posed to tailwalk?I've seen a couple of 'em do it this summer.I reckon it's like a bumblebee flyin'....don't look like that ought to work!

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
By the way...I don't know if it's "lake turnover" or what,but the bait and fish ,here,are changing their patterns.Last coupla weeks have been ''different".

·
Registered
728 Posts
Are they catching rockfish in Kerr yet? Birds been seen feeding? I got the itch to catch some meat fish... Striped bass... and of course CPR some catfish....

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haven't heard of any bigtime outings...but,if I do,Ill let ya know.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Great report! I could feel that noggin' whackin' the bottom of the boat and I could see that fish kicking up a rooster tail. 2cool!

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Medulla...

Thanks,dude...I thought you might relate,being the "Jugmiester"that you are.:wink:

·
Registered
550 Posts
I just wish I could wet a hook. ;( I thought I could catch a buncha fish on jugs, but here lately Medulla and NightTrain been tearin my tail UP. Congrats to both of you. Personally, I kinda like my daytime methods. ;) (more 'kinis) :) :dance:

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
uhhhh.....somebody say 'kinis?Thought I heard sumpin''bout 'kinis!!!I looove me some 'kinis!!!:eek:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Dat's de trouble wid you night owls. You don' see ver many' dem 'kinis.!.! :biggrin: Yall aughta try de daytime. ;)

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dude...I live on the lake,ajacent to one of the few marinas...I watch 'em from my front deck,when I'm home....but,nice try!!!:D :D :D

·
Registered
453 Posts
whaaaaooohooaaa there, although we may not see as many 'kinis as you light lubbers, when we do see 'em they are generally draped across da windshield...hehehe...luv me some night juggin'!

·
Registered
550 Posts
okey dokey

I didn't realize you lived right on de lake. I thought you lived real close. You snuk dat one in on me. :slimer: I concede or can see, defeat.

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There are no losers in the 'kini arena,just different levels of winners!!:cheers:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts