2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I met up w/2coolers Kenner21 & Boashna, 2 good guys I have never met. We left the jetties at 0715 & headed for the Salvadore area. A nice following NE swell out, but did see much more debris, than I saw last Sun. Finally found a nice blue water rip at 55 miles. Nothing to show for it, so trolled around the shrimpers, & only picked up large Bonita's. Also tried freelining, as well as jigging for Blackies on the shrimpers, but nothing. My mistake led to a pole & rod holder, being ripped off the t-top from the shrimpers trawl. Got too close, & the current swept me under. Could have been worse, & lost my Radar, GPS, & VHF gear, but still left me a little p oed. Then ran to the 60 mile buoy, where it was flat, & trolled the area hard-nada. Hit weedpiles all over the gulf- nada. Flying fish, debris, bluewater, rips....but nothing. Ran in to a rig 36 miles in, & only landed some Kings. Bo & Nate picked up some elusive Snaps in the East Bank area. From 40 miles on in, it was the best ride all year. Cruised in at 35 mph, but dodged a lot of debris. My suggestion is..go for AJ's & Big Ugly's, cause the Mahi's, & Hoo's have left. Aloha & tight lines!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Well, at least you were able to get out. We tried today (Friday) and actually turned around for the first time ever. Nothing big, just tightly packed 2-3' white capping chop. The weather guessers really messed up today. Sounds like we didn't miss much though. Better luck next time.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I went out as well from Freeport and picked up some state snapper.
They were tough to find, but once there ... hungry.
It was the least amount of fuel I have spent all year.
But had a fantastic time on the water.

·
Concrete Contractor
12,404 Posts
Good report Wade. At least your getting your fix, I need one soon.

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Hey wade thanks for having me on your boat I really enjoyed the trip.

I don't know where those mahi and hooters ran off to but we didn't see one all day. It can be frustrating when the conditions come together like that but the fish don't cooperate but heck if it was easy everyone would be out there. Still enjoyed tuggin on some rig donkeys and playing with the snaps.

Everyone be carefull out there ,a lot of random debris floating around.

Nate

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
learned allot from you , and it may be your fault that I have a blue water itch now and may end up buying a blue water boat someday. Since the tug of a speck is nothing like breaking off 50lb line on aj. I have not forgiven the guy who gave me my first fishing rod because I end it up buying a fishing boat and all my money goes to academy . it was a good trip ..

By the way ,we did not catch any Mahi's, because Mahi's, are very smart and they are smart because they stay in school…

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Wade and crew:
Thanks for the report. (Something fishy to read on graveyards goes a long way)
Although you guys didn't get the Hoos and Mahis, you wasn't at work - I wish I could have traded with ya. Maybe next time.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Wade, it sounds like a repeat of our trip last Sunday. Great water, good seas, and a few fish:( I am sorry that you lost a rig to Neptune and still didn't hang a big dodo or hoo! However, its good that someone is out there to monitor when the fish start bitting so that the rest of us can get our "fix". So, keep up the good work! I am sure other have gone but did not post their goose eggs. Oh well, the floaters will turn on soon and if someone could please stakeout Wacker and Vu then that may be one way to tell when we should set sail again.

Tight Lines,
AGF

P.S. "you could have at least shared some pics with us"

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Kodak moments

Wade,

It is not like you to post a report without photos. I have not been offshore in a while and even a photo of one of your bonitas would have provided some entertainment.

Mike

·
Registered
214 Posts
Good report, bad results. But hey, any day spent on the water is better than one at work, even if you never see a single fish!

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why post pics of flaat water, & Bonita. I probably should have posted a pic of a half submerged tree trunk, w/ all the bait on it. But, from now on, I'll post pics of the most boring parts of a dry trip, just to amuse you 2coolers. I'll throw in these almost year old pics of the hawaiian mermaid I once sought after. Enjoy!

Attachments

·
break out the 80's and them fancy lures
6,837 Posts
Wade, at least if you take her fishing you can be sure she will bring her own personal floatation devices. However, I am sure Coast Guard will likely want to inspect closely.....

Brandon

·
break out the 80's and them fancy lures
6,837 Posts
nelson6500 said:
Dang,
Wade why did it take you so long to post up those mermaid pics?:D

Matt
He didn't...You just missed the first 5 or 6 times. Wade is proud of those pics. :D

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
If you brought her on our trips I could probably tolerate "no - drinking, complaining, bananas, or drugs". Oh, well I guess it is ice tea, compliments, apples, and chewing tobacco.

Feel ya bro,
AGF

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Frequent Flyer Benefits

I did notice the galley photo was taken at 3:35 am when the passengers were sleeping.

But why is she wearing a coat???

Mike

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
I was going to pose with the Bonitas like the picture coastal posted along time ago but I decided the chest hair might not go over well.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts