2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this mofo showed up at my feeder & got a dirt nap. it was missing its front right foot, looked like he'd been using his knub for a kick stand. he was in great shape tho, looked like he was getting around fine.

anyone ever seen anything like this before?

Attachments

·
Native Texan
10,973 Posts
They are tough animals. Never seen one like that, but doesn't surprise me that he was fat and using it like normal.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Several years ago on our property in Del Rio, I killed an 8 Point that only had three legs! It was getting around just fine.. In fact it was chasing does when I shot him and I didn't even know he had an injury until I walked up on him. The 8 point had healed up just like your hog.. the other cool thing was his rack.. the opposite side of his missing leg the bucks horn was deformed... I have pictures somewhere.. I'll have to find them!

·
15,099 Posts
I actually shot an 8 point buck that was exactly like that.
When he came walking by , he had no limp and a pad on the bottom of his nub like that.
He was actually a non-typical 8, 3x5 with a long drop tine on the 3 point side.
No tines up on that side but his brow tine and a main beam .

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Awesome set of toofa's he has did you save the head they make a nice desk decoration.I know them pigs are tough I wonder how he lost his foot looked like a clean amputation.Cool photo

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I've shot one last year that half of its front leg was rotting off. Smelled terrible and looked like tentacles on its leg because of all the strands of skin. I assumed someone shot low and popped its leg open like that.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
it was thinking it was some type of snare or trap cuz it was under the joint and seemed like it was cleanly removed ??
Very well could be, especially if your in an area where trappers use fence snares to get coyotes. Glad to see that you got to use the meat. I ended up chunking the one I shot

·
Registered
132 Posts
I SHOT ONE LIKE THAT TOO

A YEAR OR SO I SHOT ONE WITH THE SAME TYPE OF INJURY. SHE GOT AROUND SO WELL THAT I DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE THE LEG UNTIL I MADE THE RETRIEVAL(CLOSE TO DARK). I ASSUMED THAT BECAUSE OF THE CLEAN CUT THAT IT WAS PROBABLY A SNARE ALSO.

Attachments

·
TexasJ
386 Posts
This hog was killed in 2006 in West Columbia. The calves were not born alive. The hog was shot while he was out in the center of the pasture feeding on the dead calves. He had some huge cutters on one side...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts