2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Member..Whats wrong with my member
5,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PORT ARTHUR, TX (KTRK) -- Three family members drowned and three others survived by clinging to their capsized boat for about 12 hours on Southeast Texas' Sabine Lake..
Authorities identified the three who died as: 55-year-old Karolyn Williams and her sons-in-law -- 25-year-old Christopher Ross and 28-year-old Cedric Blount.

Williams, her husband, two daughters and their husbands set out from a boat ramp on Saturday evening to go fishing.

A wave hit the boat about two hours later and it began to take on water. Port Arthur police say that a second wave then capsized the 16-foot aluminum craft, dumping the family into the lake.
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=6093162

Kelly

·
Concrete Contractor
12,404 Posts
Condolenses for the family. 6 people in a 16ft Aluminum may have been too much weight.

·
Gater
6,421 Posts
Drownings

Pretty sad news...6 adults in a 16' jon boat is asking for trouble. You see this type of thing everytime your on the water. A boat thats overloaded or undersize for the conditions, folks that can't swim and kids without life jackets. It's wonder we don't read stories like this more often. Gater

·
http://www.profishingresearch.co m
2,953 Posts
Prayers sent for the family.

Bigwater

·
Fishing :you must be present to win.
2,161 Posts
Prayers sent for the family, First rule of survival is stay with the boat. It is much easier to find a boat than someone floating in the water. My parents were fishing around pleasure island , I just talked to my mother and she said they saw the boat on a wrecker.

·
A.K.A. Jacob's dad
2,447 Posts
Saw it on the news this morning

and it's a bad deal. By the pictures it looked like they had launched out of Logan's park. Sabine can get mean in a hurry. Be in prayer for the families.

·
Registered Somewhere
5,635 Posts
My prayers go out to the family and friends of those who lost their lives.

·
Registered
134 Posts
My prayers go out to the family and friends of those who lost their lives. I know from personal experience that at a time like this, prayers, family, and friends are best needed.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
By all means, my condolences to all affected by this tragedy.

I am amazed that the survivors were not seen on such as small body of water. When did they leave shore? Late afternoon? Sinced I don't know exactly what day this happened; what was the weather like?

P

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I've had waves capsize and sink a 16' aluminum jonboat, loosing the boat/motor, but saving our (3 of us) lives. It is a sad and unfortunate accident. We were lucky to have our PFD's all handy when we sank. It sounds like this poor family did not have their floatation where they could get to it.

Folks, please remember your PFD's, there is no such thing as a ship that is unsinkable.

·
Registered
Grem's Guide Service
11,391 Posts
The thread you are replying to is from 2008. I'm sure they appreciate the prayers..

Old threads are like old library books.. you shouldn't write in them.

Welcome to 2cool.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
2cool is doing this trying to rejuvenate an otherwise dying site. they've been doing it a lot recently, about had enough of it. typical democrat, don't even think about down the road when people catch on, or simply don't give a rats ***. oh well i spend very very little time here since the new format, typically make it to the fishing report and that's about as far down as I scroll.

we need to immediately flag every outdated useless thread.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
3 in Sabine Lake, 3 Galveston Bay, 2 Galveston surf, 2 Matagorda Jetties, 1 Matagorda river that's 11 I've heard of spring of 2021. How many in summer and its not even here yet.

·
Do you know who I think I am???
5,223 Posts
The thread you are replying to is from 2008. I'm sure they appreciate the prayers..

Old threads are like old library books.. you shouldn't write in them.

Welcome to 2cool.
They add the "recommended reading" at the end of a thread which does this.... most of these are several years old.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts