2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hunted in Freer Fri thru Sun Morning..

Other than the Friday morning hunt it was extremely slow around the feeders with only a couple deer coming to the corn..

sat evening while corning the senderos i come across a rattler in grass, not sure if he was hit with tire (didnt look like it) but watched him go into large bush about 100' from my stand.
shortly after getting in the blind two Javalina show up and im itching to shoot so i film for awhile and two doe show up to eat with the pigs..

I take out the first javalina and everyone scatters alittle but come right back to the corn..I take the second javalina out and both doe just stand there and watch and eat more corn so I take my doe not three minutes later.

its early yet so i decide to walk up and look for the rattler and sure enough he was under the bush moving around but never rattled so i point the rifle from 7' and let her rip hitting the snake and do it again for good measure.:ac550:

heres the pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
19,248 Posts
No rut north of Freer as of yet. Maybe in about 2 weeks. Heck I was in Freer Friday to pick up some corn. Its sure high there. Man I hate rattlers, you did good there.

Charlie

·
Registered
497 Posts
I hunt in Zapata and have'nt seen any sign of the rut yet. Just now starting to see a few bucks. Deer are really coming to the corn though, hard. Congrats on the doe.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys

the rattler must have been an old snake because we could not find any fangs (had lots of fine small teeth) and no rattler on the tail...
good thing i found him with the truck and not while looking for an animal.

We have not seen anything to indicate the rut has started in Freer other than a little posturing by some of the younger bucks...

·
Offshore fishing the hardest fun I have
83 Posts
Its on!!!!!!!

Was north of Uvalde this morning Bucks chasing does all over But i hunt around Batesville and saw a few bucks friday with none chasing does

·
Registered
543 Posts
Smackum' Kevin!--Talked to a buddy down in Hebronville and he said the rut was on there chasing does early for them---U B north of them so may be early 4 U guys 2--Good luck on a big Buck Kevin!
We hunt just north of Hebbronville. No rut here, just younger bucks posturing and pushing each other around a little. Big guys are rarely seen during the day they're moving after dark.

·
Registered
885 Posts
So, counting the Rattlesnake, you pulled the trigger 5 times.....Bet it sounded like WW3 around your stand that day........Where is the other Javi Santa? LOL

LW

·
Headhunter...Fishhunter.. .Deerhunter...
1,586 Posts
I like that version of the Texas Slam.. Congrats

1 - 12 of 12 Posts