2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

14,998 Posts
Go to cut rate or tackle unlim. and ask for Joey or Jeramy. They're young guys I've fished with on the pier since they were kids. anyway they can show you how to start and stop a rod wrap in 10 minutes. no glue, tape or any adhiesive just thread. When you get better maybe you can start using a sewing needle. Iv'e been building my own rods for 30 years and for all you youngsters,, there is a use for a sewing needle, but most young rod builders dont know what for. good luck and screamin drags R.R....

14,998 Posts
Needle in the thread?

Jetty Jumper

The needle is for ending the thread on any diamond type wrap , where you dont just pile the thread up at the end of the decoration but pull it up under itself like you would a loop of thread .,This gives both ends of the decorration wrap a finish as if there was not an ending.. Its easier to show than to explain..... screamin drags..... R.R.

Ps sorry I didnt put this in your reply box but I lost it and computors are'nt my best work .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.