2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From a buddy of mine. Photo's taken 7/7/06.

Gents, First couple photo's of this summer. Note the drop tine on the right main beam, it is splitting into 3 forks at the end .... & the left brow time is a triple plus one of em has a kicker. Both g2's are forked. Plus 6 more weeks to grow! 18 points were formed a couple days ago if none fail to make it.

Also photo'd is a main frame 8 point - he now has 2 kickers coming off each G2 that if successful will make him a 12 .... not the best camera, use the screen zoom for for a closer view.

Steve, FYI - these photo's were taken from the blind you found for me. There are now 20 bucks on 120 acres & about half are 10 points and up.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Nice deer. Reminds me I need to get to Junction and check the feeders.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Looks like my moms place. We counted 9 Bucks on 50 acres one week before rifle season, all 8 or better. Couldn't find one when season opened.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Labor Day Feeder Pic's

More, these were taken over one night(labor day weekend), jpg#3 is a 6 yr old- these go this year- Jpg#31 is a high b/c score buck 17 p0ints with a drop on the right beam - the angle and light on both shots is poor to see much detail or points but that's them. The last couple weeks some older bucks have been showing up late in the evening at a corn feeder in the center of our place- they quickly disperse as the truck appears . A double wide box stand is set there at 100 yards. Nothing moves until near dark - too hot. Cooler weather this week will start some daytime movement...

Hot and very dry, our country has burned up- some old trees are now dying - that's dry.

Doe & fawn photo's were left out... Continuous protein (costly but keeps em in shape and alive with zero die off) & with the worst drought we've had since in the 50's!

Attachments

·
We all have it coming......
8,792 Posts
What in the heck made you think I would enjoy that???
CHIEF!!! TURN OFF THE MONITOR NOW!!!!!!!!!!
.Nice photo's. I'm jealous. :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK, I'LL ADMIT IT -Wore out a lot of tires driving to leases all over the state, but this is between Columbus and LaGrange, just a bit over an hour west of Houston. Quite a few places all around this area off the highway have gone to high fence and this is what happens simply when managing for old age, no culling. Just make sure the groceries are there whether it grows a la natural or you have to bring it in a bag.

·
Bringing home the bacon, Wild Style!!!
368 Posts
Nice pics, wish we could find some of those in Eagle Lake area

1 - 14 of 14 Posts