2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.......check this out. :eek:
Looks like I'm out of action for a while. At least I was close to home and the trolling motor worked.

Attachments

·
They call me............PAWPAW!
3,020 Posts
Dude! That bites donkey ween! At least you got out on the water this mornin instead of chuggin along with the throngs of zombies headin into the daily grind like the rest of us!

·
Right wing nut job, Bitter clinger to 2C
14,926 Posts
looks like its time to get out the JB-WELD. should hold till ya get a new one.:(

·
<***********>< Fish on.
3,101 Posts
That's bad! I hope you were not full throttle when that happened.

·
Member when we usta.......?
2,835 Posts
Gives a new meaning to "HAMMER DOWN!"

Sorry about your bad luck Kenny. Like the others have said, a little JB weld, duct tape, and a few zip ties and your back in business.

·
SR-053
549 Posts
Ok no joke, this happen to me about 2 weeks ago, mine is a trottle that has a square that it rotates in to go reverse or foward and a screw that holds it in the square whole, well the screw came out. Going full throttle and the waves rattled it loose, had to hold it in by hand all the way back, (and the next day or two until i fixed it) by re-tapping it. Scary but i just shut it down

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ain't no duct tape or JB Weld in the world gonna hold that together. It looks like a whole new binnacle is $280.+ 2 hours labor + tax = $550.$600.

·
More There than here..Gone fishin....
3,926 Posts
Vise grips & Id be off..Fishin....
You think thats Bad...OMG Have I got a story for ya..
6 years ago I had an old V hull inboard...
Myself & 3 buds went 40 miles off shore..fished a few rigs & when we backed off a rig...
My steering cable broke @ the Helm...:eek:
I tied a rope to each rear cleat..with a loop in it & then tied it to the outdrive..
I sat on 1 side & my other bud was on the other side..
We muscle'd it in 40 mile to beach bait..he'd pull 1 way..Id pull the other..OMG was I whooped..
If it can happen.. it does happen.. TOO ME..

Oxx..

·
Borders, language, culture
6,344 Posts
Man, that'll get your attention. Have I said lately how much I love the tiller on my little skiff :D

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OxbowOutfitters said:
Vise grips & Id be off..Fishin....
You think thats Bad...OMG Have I got a story for ya..
6 years ago I had an old V hull inboard...
Myself & 3 buds went 40 miles off shore..fished a few rigs & when we backed off a rig...
My steering cable broke @ the Helm...:eek:
I tied a rope to each rear cleat..with a loop in it & then tied it to the outdrive..
I sat on 1 side & my other bud was on the other side..
We muscle'd it in 40 mile to beach bait..he'd pull 1 way..Id pull the other..OMG was I whooped..
If it can happen.. it does happen.. TOO ME..

Oxx..
Been there Oxx,
Offshore with Jerry Finger in an old Sea Ray. It would only go in and out of gear with a 2X4. Finally got it in neutral to start and then persuaded it into low idle while leaning on the board all the way in. Long, slow ride in! LOL

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Not hijacking your thread Kenny but I just GOTTA share this story with you. I remembered it when I saw your thread. Couple of years ago a guy told me his wife bought him a boat for his birthday (they live in the backwaters of the Sabine River) The boat was about a 30 year ole Lonestar, the one with the wings like a "57" chevy. It had an old water melon head outboard and he launched it off a utility trailer (no sheeyatt!) Long story short, he put highback bucket seats out of an old buick in it and a steering wheel off an old ford truck. I aint making this up. His maiden voyage down the Sabine ended when the wheel came off in his hands and the boat crashed into a cypress stand, he went through the windshield, was knocked out AND a wasp nest fell in the boat. Game warden happened to come by as he was regaining consiousness (with whelps all over his body). Saw he was gonna make it so they towed him in, gave him tickets for no registration and life jackets at the ramp. OK, heres the kicker,,, his wife was waiting at the ramp and sceamed and I quote " d$$n you, you sob, I CAINT BUY YOU NOTHIN NICE"

True story, I couldnt make this up,,, hope it brightend your bad day!!!!!

·
Bird Boy or Stick Man
811 Posts
Something similar happened to us!!! we were loading our boat....we backed up the boat to get rady to load it we went forward,and then we were a little sideways,so we threw it in reverse...the thing in the motor thats makes it go forward backwards broke s the boat was stuck in reverse!!

·
aka: KSims1868
3,848 Posts
ComeFrom? said:
Kenny;

I would send a copy of the pic to Yamaha. I'd be curious to see what they said. CF?
Here's what they'll say, "We have that in stock...would you like to order a replacement?"

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Here's what MT Stringer would do...Whup out the duct tape and a bust a dip net handel over yer knee and tape the short end to the stub. :D

Or....Time to deploy that KIKKER! ;)

·
Tiny is Gone... Hi, My Name is ROGER
5,886 Posts
Kenny, Go to lowes and get a piece of aluminum flatbar, cut 2 pieces about 6" long, drill two holes at the top and bottom of each one, then mount to the upper part and then the lower part, kinda like a throttle samwich, it will work until your ready to buy a new one...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts