2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Supposed to go on a dove hunt in the Beeville area...what will this weather do to the birds?

Is anyone in the area having any success in the late season regardless?

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Doves

It may push them South, and it may push some down here from up North. I was at our lease in Dimmit Co. over Christmas. Never seen so many doves. Had at least 500 fly right over our gun range while we were sighting in a rifle. Did not bring a shotgun of course.
Won't make that mistake again.
Good luck to you.
BB

·
Registered
19,248 Posts
Well in McMullen county the doves left after that windy cold front that came through. May be down there now I havent been since rite after Christmas

Charlie

·
Need more salt air in my lungs
1,645 Posts
I will be hunting about 30 miles NNW of you so I'm in the same boat. A buddy has been twice in last 10 days or so and said it was as fast as you can load. Hopefully they stay put.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
We are under a wind advisory all Day Thursday. Temps dropping with the coldest in several years Friday, Sat. and Sunday. I think your birds will be blown south. You may get some of the bigger northern birds that are being pushed down.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I have property outside of Beeville, and the dove are pretty much very few and far between, but thats not saying you can still go out and have a good time. Also they are expecting it to be in the 20s this weekend in that area. Have Fun!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for the input. Good luck to those going to brave the cold...maybe it's a more appropriate weekend for the deer lease.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Had tons of birds south of town (out by the Beeville regional airport) 2 week-ends ago. Called this morning to check on the bird status, and great sightings were still there today. Beeville is still holding good numbers of white-tipped and morning. Have not seen any Eurasians for over a month. I'll be headed back home to Beeville tomorrow at noon. Hope you have a great hunt and plenty of limits. If the weather gets to cold for you...............stop by the 19th Hole and the first round is on me.

RD Hunter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts