2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Ice tea and beans
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If My memory serves, I believe there were some folks getting together this weekend, at the beach?

Any info? Dropping the kiddos off at AstroWorld, with a bunch of their friends, and thought my wife and I might spend the day at the beach.

Would look forward to meeting a few of ya'll.

What food items, could or would I need to bring? Will anyone have their pit going, or should I bring one?

·
Registered
26,148 Posts
There's a few of the guys getting to gether at the usual spot (access 5 or 6) over in Surfside. I may try to make it by...but I got a new (to me) boat, so I plan putting it to the test this weekend.

shawn

·
That DamnYankee!!
4,077 Posts
Bert,

check the "alright, back to ..." thread below.

We're planning on getting to access Rd 5 area around lunch time. I think Mont was aimming for that same time frame. Drew mentioned about the same too.

I'll be in a grey suburban & Mont will have the Tioga. Should be some yellow flags flying.

See ya there.

Jeff

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
I'm in, but I have to work Sat morning a bit, and I want to stop by and say hi to the TKF bunch that's gathering at Tiki on the way down. I should be on the sand about 1ish, manana

·
Ice tea and beans
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mini gathering...

is on the Freeport side fo San Luis?

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
Matt, take some dramamine my friend.

Bert, Freeport side of San Luis, between entrances 5 and 6

·
The Happy Hookers are back
151 Posts
I will See you down there Brew Jr., i'll have my Kayak and two poles. CALL ME i tryed last night and all i got was a busy signal

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
i may try a quick wade over the grass at sunrise saturday morning. anyone game in tossing some topwaters on the bayside across from access 5ish?? can't hang for the afternoon because sunday is my 11th anniversary and i have to figure out how much that means to my wallet b4 she gets home form work on sat. we'll be heading down on sunday with the whole family though. let us know if any fish are caught.

thanks,
mike

·
Ice tea and beans
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wish

I could get there for an early morning wade.......won't be there until around 11ish....

still plan on getting wet, and fishing .........may even use some tops...

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
Yupper.

I getting ready to do laundry, respool my BillyStix rod, get packed on head out about 4 am. I may not be in my truck. I may be in a Toyota Carola, not sure what color it is, but I should be the first one there. I usualy camp about 1/4 mile west of access 6. Yanno where that white and polka dot serpent thing is?

·
What about my member?
1,679 Posts
Fishnut,

I hope you have more than good luck. Seas are at four to five feet right now and supposed to get worse. I was planning a sunday trip out of Matty and canceled for better days. Hope you enjoy it!

·
@Drew_Smoke
4,158 Posts
I may not make it now. Got a first hand report of some dirty surf. Said Xmas and Cold pass were okay. Not any trout to talk about.

I'll probably just go to Texas City if anywhere...Drew

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,429 Posts
Wonder what East bay looks like ??? anyone know

1 - 15 of 15 Posts