2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Summary: Fished galveston pier friday night,lots of bait in the water, lots of sharks(bleeders) decked and released.
Arrived at HI around 5:00 a.m. w/ lots of trout waders already out.
Being courteous, I didn't surf-fish until 10:00 a.m.(wouldn't want to reel in sharks and ruin their fishing).
Caught plenty of med.-jumbo size shrimp(kept 2 quarts) & plenty of fresh mullet.
Girlfriend(Kristin)& her 8yr old nephew(Devin) met me @ 11:00a.m. Spent quality time w/ Kristin & Devin....pics will tell the rest..."I believe in memories lasting a lifetime."

friday night @ galveston t-pier. plenty small bleeders around...

went to grab my cast net by the car & found this guy stuck!!! Thought about killing it and save my net, but felt guilty and released him...don't know what species???

clicker goes off and I help Devin out....

abundance of pup sharks....

First shark by Devin[:D]...Strike a pose.

Kristin cooling out in the shade. BTW, this is why I want a truck, camaro limited to certain beach areas[:(]...Plus I can load up my future Cobra fish-n-dive kayak in the back of a truck..But for now I'll just rig-it up on the camaro...

This is what its all about...Having a great time.[8D]

Good luck, Rodney

·
Back in da Saddle
10,160 Posts
Good job...he will always remember that day!!!!!

John

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote from DFUSELIER"i was right next to you with my son. shrimp were thick in the water. caught trout and small sharks .
flatfishfinder"

Drop by next time....had lots of bbq on the fire pit...BTW, flatfishfinder???

Rodney

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
man we have totally different ideas on snakes... I see snake, I kill snake. its simple, I hate those things with a passion.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I think we just need to spread the knowledge to people that feel the way Mitch and Gorda feel. Learn what snakes and spiders are venomous in Texas. I don't even kill venomous creatures because they play an important role in the environment as well as the non-venomous snakes and spiders. More snakes = less rats and mice! More spiders = less mosquitos, roaches, and flies. The only spider I kill is the brown recluse and that's only because they love to roam into houses and get into your clothes and beds. They don't mean to bite but we end up accidently leaning up on them and there natural defense is to bite. As for black widows we can co-exist. Only female widows are venomous and they typically stay in there web waiting on prey to get caught.

Three venomous spiders in Texas (Brown Recluse, Black Widow, and Brown Widow).

4 Venomous Snakes in Texas (Rattlesnake, Cottonmouth, Copperhead, and Coral snake)

QUOTE=B2]Clearly a Speckled King Snake. Keep in mind they eat rattlesnakes. Every King snake you kill, you're just helping out the rattlers.

Learn the 4 venomous species of snakes in the US. The only one that is remotely hard to ID is the cottonmouth. There's no reason to just go off killing every snake you see.[/QUOTE]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts