2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know about anyone else but this song by Brad "Pansie" and Alison "Crotch" Whisky lulliby(sp?)" really is ******* me off. For one its played every 5 time an hour but just today I saw the video on CMT. Its about a soldier that returns to find his girl cheating on him and they both commit suicide. First that doesnt belong in country and second put youself in these shoes. What if you were a soldier that returned home and for your loveone in bed with somebody. Now do you really need or want to hear a song about that? And third there is no reason to have a "suicide song" on country. Yea so times are tough go with life. You know what they say "a problem is temporary(sp?) death is forever" . Our kids these days dont need to be hearing this ****,they need to learn to go on in life , that in that same situation(as the video and song) its not worth their lives. Ok sorry guys just needed to vent.......................................later,Dave

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
Ah come on Dave! Brad Paisley is one of the few good things that country music has going for it these days. He is one heckuva a picker that can hold his own! Allison Krause is at the top of her game in the bluegrass category also, easy on the eyes too :smile: As far as that song goes, I love it. It is a breath of fresh air considering what they call country these days (see Shania Twain, Rascal Flatts, Big & Rich etc.) Whiskey Lullaby is a true "Tear in my Beer" country song. I do somewhat agree though on the video, in these times they maybe should have taken the video in a different direction. As far as the kiddos, i would think that if they are old enough to actually understand what the song is saying then they should be old enough to be able to distinguish between fiction & reality. If someone is in that situation and actually take their own life and they say the song pushed them over the edge it was probably already too late anyways.

Anyways, i just had to stick up for Brad & Allison this morning! I couldnt get to work fast enough to reply to this thread! Dave, have a good day, its time for me to pretend like i am :work:

*edited to fix a typo

·
Premium Member
40,476 Posts
Ozzy had the same problem

and now he is on TV way too much....

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
c'mon dave, Brad and Allison's song is good. It is a sad sad song. It's "pure country" if you ask me.

talkin about kids not needin to hear this ****, what about Martina McBride? most all of her songs are child abuse songs. and Big & Rich "save a horse, ride a cowboy", not many kids need to hear that either. and Hank Jr.s "Naked woman and beer", Charlie Danials "long haired country boy", and the new Montgomery Gentry song. ..... but it is played to much and shouldnt have been released while we was at war. ..............JJ

·
What was I supposed to Member??
2,873 Posts
dave, i just change the channel when it comes on. it hits WAY to close to home for me. my life changed in '96 because of my husband's suicide. im sure glad i didnt hear that song back then. i would prefer my two daughters not listen to it either, but i doubt they would be on country channels anyway. i like both paisley and krause, just cant handle this particular song.

·
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate
23,584 Posts
Yep...

StinkBait said:
Ah come on Dave! Brad Paisley is one of the few good things that country music has going for it these days. He is one heckuva a picker that can hold his own! Allison Krause is at the top of her game in the bluegrass category also, easy on the eyes too :smile: As far as that song goes, I love it. It is a breath of fresh air considering what they call country these days (see Shania Twain, Rascal Flatts, Big & Rich etc.) Whiskey Lullaby is a true "Tear in my Beer" country song. I do somewhat agree though on the video, in these times they maybe should have taken the video in a different direction. As far as the kiddos, i would think that if they are old enough to actually understand what the song is saying then they should be old enough to be able to distinguish between fiction & reality. If someone is in that situation and actually take their own life and they say the song pushed them over the edge it was probably already too late anyways.

Anyways, i just had to stick up for Brad & Allison this morning! I couldnt get to work fast enough to reply to this thread! Dave, have a good day, its time for me to pretend like i am :work:

*edited to fix a typo
Man I do agree with that.

Just remember; no matter how much you dislike a song, you could never hate one worse than "Achy Breaky Heart". Ugh.

TH

·
Registered
774 Posts
Haven't heard it nor have I seen the video but suicide songs go way back. Remember George Jones singing 'He stopped loving her today'? #1 hit for quite a while.

Depressing, not appropriate for kids, but it is country.

·
Ice tea and beans
4,589 Posts
how about the newer song, about a ride on a long black train.........?

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
I dont' wanna play house

Now, you talk about a sad tear jerker about kids and divorce. One of the sadest, but excellent Tammy Wynette songs. I like Brad and really like Allison but it is just a song. I think it is kind of a sell out on there part. There is a lot better music that they should be putting out. Its crossover song not really a true country song. 97.1FM for the real stuff. 103.7FM Mary and Larry show from 10am-12. Now they play the really good stuff!

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
98.1 KVET is what I listen to... sam and bob in the mornin is hilariouse... while im around corpus I tune into 103.7 and 97.1 like Cpt. Kat. Cowboy Up! .........JJ

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
Sam & Bob are the best! I listened to them forever online at work here in Houston until **** Channel quit streaming their stations

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
I agree with a lot of the above and think it's a pretty good change for the country scene. It actually sounds like a country song(traditional) which I like. I also understand where you are coming from with the subject matter but that's hard to get away from with any media today. We just have to try to censor what they listen to until we(parents) feel out kids are old enough to listen to that stuff with a clear mind. Running into the same stuff with my 13yr old but to list each song they can and can not listen to is almost impossible. We just have to teach and trust in the Lord for guidance and pray we do a good job of it.

On the other side, To those who have a personal tie with this type of song, I'm sorry you have to be reminded of bad memories. That's a difficult situation to go thru.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Heard a good one a few weeks ago, "It's Hard To Kiss The Lips At Night That Chew Your *** Out All Day Long". I was hoping it would move up the charts.... funny.

·
Registered
511 Posts
You can't classify "Long Black Train" as the same.

That's not about suicide, it's about sin and living right. "There's victory in the Lord. Cling to the Father and His holy name. And don't go riding on that long black train." Vince Gill and someone else did the new one about the nagging wife. DJ's seem to like playing it though.

Lil Bit

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
The lips song is Vince, Rodney Crowell and someone else.

Has anyone heard the new song by Anita (i think) Cochran?
I think it is called "PLay me a cheatin song"
Anyways, it has about 45 seconds of Conway singing with her, well she went thru MANY of his songs to find ones with the exact words she needed to piece together his couple of lines, they then digitially cut & pasted all of the words together, it doesnt sound bad but you can tell it aint right. Conway diehards are of course outraged the last i heard. The only place i have heard it so far is on 97.5 KFTX in Corpus

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
I heard about that the Cochran/twitty song... I havent heard it yet but I heard that many poeple dont think usin Twitty in the song was "right".

I wonder why the radio stations dont play much of Ray Benson and Asleep at the Wheel band. I like "Cherrokee Maiden". great texas swing. i think Bob Dillion wrote it..... "country aint country anymore"...........JJ

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Ok well I guess its kind of a change for some but as for myself I listen to Texas music. You know the stuff REK,Fowler,Ceager Bleu,Honey,Pat and alot of older stuff like Willie Waylon,Mearle,DAC. The oter thing about that song is they will play Whisky Lulably(sp?) but do you remember when Garth came out with the thunder rolls? Yup it was banned every where TV and radio and for what that song had a reason to be out there. I would think that eveyone would realize what horrible thing adultry then beating wife is and all that song did is put it out there. But it was one of thoese case that "ooooooo if we cant hear it......it isnt happening" with the big wigs. Ok well Im gonna get off my soap box for awhile LOL.........................................later,Dave

1 - 18 of 18 Posts