2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
ITS JUST NEVER EASY
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well pops just got layed off not to long ago. it does not look good for him finding another job at the moment. seems most companies are not hireing and the ones that might, wont until after the first of the year. so things are about to get tight for him. it does not seem there is a end in sight sometimes. i have offered to help him but he is purty stuborn, gee wonder where i got that from. he was only 3 years from retirement hopefully things will change for the better soon. we have had the boat for sale for a while with no takers. got a offer on it today but it was only 2/3 the asking price. he may have to take a large loss just to get a little gain. i hope he lets me help before he gets into too much trouble. if anyone has any info on jobs in the failure analysis industry, running a SEM and does metallography. he has about 32years experiance and has been a nasa for most of it. i would appriciate any help!

·
Registered
12,969 Posts
Tell your Pops to hang in there. Let him know that 2Coolers are great prayer warriors and that we will keep lifting him up to the Lord. You never know why things happen but there is always a reason. There might even be a better job out there! When one door closes another one will open. Trust that God will take care of your Dad.
RT

·
El Viejo
23,413 Posts
Rootin' for your Dad, Never.. Hope SOMETHING opens up for him..

I don't think that bunch of clowns up in Washington DC has a clue how this mess we are in is affecting the normal, regular hard-working folks in this country.

God...I wish we had a 'leader'..and a few responsible congressmen who think about things other than their own ego....and re-election...

Bad Times ...and it looks like we're headed down the same path again.:hairout::headknock

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
If I were him I would go contract. He can make allot of money doing that. There are plenty of head hunters in the Houston area he can call. Just takes some time and allot of hassle. Keep the faith.

·
ITS JUST NEVER EASY
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks! I called him and forwarded this to him so he is all over it!! Yes he qualifies for all of this and has two times the required experiance. we will see how it goes but it is right up his alley! Thanks again!

On a side note while I was talking to him he told me that our english pointer is not doing to good. She won't eat won't get up just laying on the floor in the laundry room. She is 14-15 years old and has been the best hunting dog and companion anyone could ask for. Hopefully she will be ok but it does not look good. Think he is taking her to the vet in the AM.

·
OllllO
8,867 Posts
Never Easy.....I might know where to get your dad a job! MIGHT is the keyword!!!

My wife works for a large metallurgical testing lab in Houston. I will send her a link to this thread and I'll pray that they might have something for your dad!

Hopefully they are not the ones that layed your dad off! Wife has not told me of anybody being layed off there!

·
Banned
145 Posts
Tell him to send his resume to [email protected]. I work for a company that used to be called Metallurgical Consultants, Inc. founded by Milton Holmberg and later owned by Ted Bruno and Mark Buehler. Well known names in the metallurgical industry. We currently have an opening for an experienced Consultant/Failure Analyst. Not sure if he has any oil and gas experience, but we can take a look at him.

Never Easy.....I might know where to get your dad a job! MIGHT is the keyword!!!

My wife works for a large metallurgical testing lab in Houston. I will send her a link to this thread and I'll pray that they might have something for your dad!

Hopefully they are not the ones that layed your dad off! Wife has not told me of anybody being layed off there!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts