2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have next week off and was trying to figure out were I want to go. was thinking about Venice or south Texas. Any reports from both would be appriceated not asking for details on exactly were but if you want to tell me I would appreceate that also. Tarpon out of Galveston have been no were to be found at least for me this year. I have been out 7 times this year and not one seen. how are the tarpon fished for out of Venice I have never been and do not know anyone who has fished for tarpon out of their. plus any info on RV camps around would be great.
Thanks in advance
Daniel

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Look into Grande Isle - the tarpon rodeo is there this coming weekend. You might want to look into it.

Sorry you haven't seen any. There have been a lot of tarpon out there off Galveston. Sometimes they are there an you don't necessarily see them. By the reports I've heard, fishing has been outstanding in June for tarpon off Galveston and a kayaker even jumped two last Sunday. Just keep at it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
South LA tarpon

The Grand Isle International Tarpon Rodeo is going on now. It started yesterday and lasts till tomorrow. Weather however hasn't been great with rain forcasted for the next several days. I grew up fishing south LA my whole life. Most tarpon fishing in south LA is done looking for schools of rolling fish and then slow trolling **** pops through the school. We also cast pops into the school when we get close. Sometimes, we blind troll through blips on the fish finder. If you are looking for a charter, look for **** Schouest on the Mr. Todd, Ross Barkhurst on the Argonaught, or Brandon Ballay on the Aw Heck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts