2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Kickin' hippies' a**es and raisin' h*ll!
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it finally happened to me. After reading all the posts about stuff getting stolen out of vehicles I thought, "well I'm glad I live where I live"

WRONG!:mad:

Went duck hunting yesterday evening and got home late. Told the wife I'd be back by 7:00...it was more like 8:30. So I picked up dinner on the way home to smooth things over.

Got home, unloaded the dog, and went inside to eat. Normally I always lock my doors, but I was in a hurry and didn't. Plus, I had wet decoys and waders in the Jeep, so I knew I wanted to unload everything after dinner.

Well, I forgot. :headknock

Went out this morning and found my shotgun stolen! Both Jeep doors still open! Thank goodness it was only a cheapo Mossberg 500, but I loved that gun and I hate the idea of some thief running around with it doing who knows what (oh yeah, it had the short barrel on it).

Ignorant thieves left about $1200 worth of other gear in place, including a GPS that was staring them in the face as they made off with the gun. So I guess I was lucky; they could have really cleaned me out.

Lesson learned. Lock it up even if going in for a moment!

·
Follically Challenged
5,373 Posts
That thief needs their arms run over with a car.

Reactions: Charles Helm

·
Boatright custom flats
3,829 Posts
I've read a ton of these posts about thieves, and people getting their stuff jacked from them. But for some reason, the way you've worded your post makes me realize that none of us are immune from this. It could happen absolutely anywhere. I think alot of people that have never had anything stolen become complacent and somewhat naive.

I hate thieves and I'm sorry this happened to you, but thanks for the post.

·
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thiefs suck, but really dude, you left a shotgun in an unlocked car?
Yeah, I know it was stupid (and is my fault that the gun is gone), but my intention was to return 20-30min later after eating dinner to wash up my gear. But I didn't. sad3sm

BTW, the gun wasn't visible from the outside until the door was opened.

·
Screw it. Lets ride!
3,259 Posts
Well, it finally happened to me. After reading all the posts about stuff getting stolen out of vehicles I thought, "well I'm glad I live where I live"

WRONG!:mad:

Went duck hunting yesterday evening and got home late. Told the wife I'd be back by 7:00...it was more like 8:30. So I picked up dinner on the way home to smooth things over.

Got home, unloaded the dog, and went inside to eat. Normally I always lock my doors, but I was in a hurry and didn't. Plus, I had wet decoys and waders in the Jeep, so I knew I wanted to unload everything after dinner.

Well, I forgot. :headknock

Went out this morning and found my shotgun stolen! Both Jeep doors still open! Thank goodness it was only a cheapo Mossberg 500, but I loved that gun and I hate the idea of some thief running around with it doing who knows what (oh yeah, it had the short barrel on it).

Ignorant thieves left about $1200 worth of other gear in place, including a GPS that was staring them in the face as they made off with the gun. So I guess I was lucky; they could have really cleaned me out.

Lesson learned. Lock it up even if going in for a moment!
Better yet, take the stuff in, then lock it up. It might save you the headache of having to shoot, I mean rehabilitate, a stinking thief, and the headache that will come with it. Nothing is safe anymore. I have been considering one of those motion sensors that rings the dorbell and turns on all the lights when someone comes into your yard.

Do you have the serial # of the Mossberg? If so, check out the local pawn shops. Maybe they were stupid enough to pawn it. Doesnt take alot of brains to be a thief. Good luck man, it was a hard lesson, but you wont forget it soon.

·
Premium Member
15,754 Posts
Yeah, I know it was stupid (and is my fault that the gun is gone), but my intention was to return 20-30min later after eating dinner to wash up my gear. But I didn't. sad3sm

BTW, the gun wasn't visible from the outside until the door was opened.
Thats why I love my keyless entry system on my truck. With a firearm in the truck it gets locked every time, no exceptions. I could live with things stolen from me but I couldn't if someone was ever hurt with one on my guns.

·
Banned
26,320 Posts
I wished you had caught them in the act with your shotgun in their hands. I'm thinking this scenario would be a 'fear for my life' situation & a good opportunity to thin the turd herd. :eek:hwell:

·
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!
12,607 Posts
Sorry you lost your gun Bro, BUT! You just armed a crook by being an irresponsible gun owner. Simple as that. Now that gun is out there somewhere just waiting to hurt / kill an officer, my wife or kids. Unbelievable!
curious,, If someone breaks into my house and steals a gun is it me arming a crook and being irresponsible?

what's the difference if they/whoever broke into his vehicle or his house.. they broke in and stole,,,period! right?????

Reactions: Gilbert

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Report to police if you have not yet done so...If that gun is registered to you and is used in a crime you will be doing lots of explaining after the fact....

It will also allow to police to watch for it in all the pawn shops..

·
Registered
11,933 Posts
Sorry you lost your gun Bro, BUT! You just armed a crook by being an irresponsible gun owner. Simple as that. Now that gun is out there somewhere just waiting to hurt / kill an officer, my wife or kids. Unbelievable!
wow. this is trolling to the extreme. :spineyes: :rotfl:

·
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Report to police if you have not yet done so...If that gun is registered to you and is used in a crime you will be doing lots of explaining after the fact....

Thanks Frank, I already have. It'll be pretty easy to recognize; I doubt many Mossbergs come into pawn shops looking like it does. Plus the stock is cracked and easy to ID.

It's not registered or anything, but I still would like to get it back, if for no other reason than the one HookedUp stated (which bothers me more than the $100 loss).

·
sea monkey rancher
18,403 Posts

deff report it with the serial # and get the report#

i got one back 6 mos. later, that I was afraid was gone for good.

·
Can't be what you ain't.
8,451 Posts
Sounds fishy, maybe someone you know, neighbor that watched you come in. Doesn't sound random. Watch your back might happen again.

Him being irresponsible? If they broke his window and stole it, is it still irresponsible? If they broke his sliding glass door and stole it out of his closet. Irresponsible? Hooked up. Your reasoning is all wrong.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts