2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My grandson just got back from Schlitterbahn and was complaining about the clorine level. I told him it is because so many people pee in the pools. He jumped up and maintained "Oh no I never do that". That statement begs 2 questions.

How many people do pee in the pool?
How many people lie about it?

My guess it is about 90%+ on both questions.

Inquiring minds want to know

Bob

·
The older I get, the better I was.
2,830 Posts
I pee in the shower just about every morning. I have peed in a few pools in my life time and have never found a pool that had the "pee detection" chemical. :slimer:

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I think we all know the truth to this :rolleyes:

think about how many times you've been drinking beer with buddies in a pool and no one gets out.. or not even close to as often as they normally would to pee.

I'm with the 90% on both sides.. or more.. I know where I'm at :slimer:

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I have urinated in every body of water I have been in...ocean, lake, river, bath tub, hot tub, shower. Been doing it since as long as I can remember. I can even pee while treading water or swimming...a lot harder said than done.

I have urinated in the Guadalupe at least 500 times.

My wife hates when I pee in the shower.

As you can see, I am quite proud of this.

·
Banned
483 Posts
I helped assemble the park in Galveston and know the inner workings,if it was a busy day before they have to shock the water to remove the contaminates,the problem is not the urine but the dirty butts (fecal contamination) that cause the Tri halo methane odor that smells like chlorine but is in fact a lack of a sanitizing agent

·
Undocumented Users-pm+
660 Posts
I helped assemble the park in Galveston and know the inner workings,if it was a busy day before they have to shock the water to remove the contaminates,the problem is not the urine but the dirty butts (fecal contamination) that cause the Tri halo methane odor that smells like chlorine but is in fact a lack of a sanitizing agent
Thats just nasty.....I WILL pee in the pool....but at least I wipe.

·
Right wing nut job, Bitter clinger to 2C
14,926 Posts
Some cultures don't wipe
I got that , bud.... Your so correct...
I for one am a 10 % ER... Never pee in your bath water... I have been known to p on my feet in the shower tho , anti fungal therapy. You know. :cool:

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
When I was little i did. But not often. The pool is a lot more fun when you don't have to worry about **** in the water.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
there are more crusty buts to worry about, the pee is the least thing he has to worry about. I for one have witnessed a brown cloud comming from a person's behind - and abruptly left the water park. These places are a cess pool- don't drink the water.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts

Some cultures don't wipe
Yeah, but many of those bathrooms at least have a hose there to spray themselves down....

Many, trying to design some bldgs. in the Middle East and having to fit in asian and western toilets, extra drains and hoses in the stalls.....
Wouldn't want to be a janitor over there...

PS - I'm more worried about the butts than the pee in my pool at home (esp. when the friends/relatives bring the babies over). Those swim diapers don't hold everything in!

Urine is sterile and won't hurt ya and as mentioned, if you are smelling chlorine, there is a lack of sanitation, or it is at least actively sanitizing something!

·
Dont hate the player... hate the game...
2,093 Posts
I rent a cabana at splashtown a few tims a year, I never get in the water. kids ask why not, I just smile :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts