2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out prefishing last week for the XRT tourny this past Saturday with a buddy of mine and did something really cool. We were scouting different areas and ended up at the slough entrance at the north end of the Landcut...on the West side of the cut running south. I really wish I would have taken more pictures. We trolled thru the very narrow slough that was littered with rocks and made it into the back lakes. We were very surprised how big the lakes are back in there. Tons of bait, drum and redfish. We sight casted to a few of each, but mostly worked the area with the trolling motor. There are some guts in there that had lots of trout as well. Sight casting was difficult even with it being so shallow back in there due to the mud. There was a big bull that wasn't too happy that we were in his turf...kida worried me a bit.

This was going to be one of my spots for the tourny but the water dropped just a bit on Friday to keep us out. We made it past the rocks (along with adding some character to my new boat) and into the lakes but determined it was loosing water quickly...so we aborted it.

The third pick is looking back towards the landcut...there were boat running the cut that turned back to see how in the hell we got back in there. you can barely see the slough entrance.

Anyone else ever go back in there? Is this trespassing?

Attachments

·
Registered
770 Posts
ive been back there several time, i now that spot very well. i got a cabin close by and when the tide is up i go back in there. you are correct about those rocks at the entrance.... just don't get out of your boat and get on land, or then you would be trespassing. imo

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
yeah, I know exactly where you were standing on the 2nd picture. There is a small gut between 2 islands. Parker67 and I used that spot to get my boat on plane one day last year when the tides were ripping out. FYI if you use the entrance to the north of there, (instead of the one in the picture), there are just as many rocks, but its deeper on that end. Never go past that spot you were sitting in unless the tides are huge.
chuck

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks chuck...we did go past that spot..all the way back in there on Thursday. didn't know about the entrance farther north...thanks. we were the other boat (not mine) working the south flat of "hap's" on Saturday behind you guys. we were on some good fish in that one area near the engine wreck, but they just wouldn't turn on. meet a friend of yours, Todd with an Extreme...very nice guy.

·
Registered
770 Posts
yeah, I know exactly where you were standing on the 2nd picture. There is a small gut between 2 islands. Parker67 and I used that spot to get my boat on plane one day last year when the tides were ripping out. FYI if you use the entrance to the north of there, (instead of the one in the picture), there are just as many rocks, but its deeper on that end. Never go past that spot you were sitting in unless the tides are huge.
chuck
yeah, you ran over me trying to get out of there that day. lol
that was a fun day

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
If you were a little younger/quicker you would have been in the boat instead of hangin on the side. lol Besides you don't have to push if you are operating the boat. hehehe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.