2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics of the mako that got away last year. We had him for about 2 hours before the main line broke. The fish put on an unbelievable show that a guy named Marty on our boat got on camera. I think he was using a 200 mm lense to catch the aerials and the boats that the mako jump by are close to 100 yards away from us.

·
Concrete Contractor
12,404 Posts
Awesome pics! Mako is on my to do list. The other boats were way too close, specially the last pics. Awesome photography.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The blue cat was actually fighting a big tuna that our mako cut off in the fight that was some classic Lump fishing from last year

·
Fish Assassin
924 Posts
I'm pretty sure I'd still clear a little space with a hot, aerial mako on the line. It could be because of the zoom, but it looks like they're less than a boat length from the fish. That's too close for a hot, jumping mako.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Awsome fish and pictures.

Angler to deckhand in the closest boat on the first jump: "Could you hand me that roll of Charmin please".

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
mako

I agree with the charmin. those guys in the blue cat are lucky that big dude didnt land in the bow of there boat. nice fish though!

·
Goin' South
833 Posts
Eddie,

That is just some sick sheet. Way to share the joy putting on a show for the boys. Almost looks like one dude in Hunter's boat has a recorder on his shoulder. Did he have a film crew with him? Was that the same day you stuck a real slob of a yellowfin? I know, that is like saying, is that the day you wore your white socks?

Nice work. Thanks for the photos.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts