2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from Galveston and we had an awsome time on the New Capt. John. The Capt. John has replaced the Texsun II as an offshore boat. I hear that the Texsun II will now do 4 hour bay trips and the speedy Capt. John will do the bluewater trips.

Anyway here is a pictorial account of our trip.

Here we are getting ready to depart Galveston's Pier 19 on the new Capt. John. I understand that the Capt. John will do around 30 mph.

My son caught the biggest snapper of the day on Monday. I was quite proud of him. This fish weighed 14 lbs according to my Shimano scales. You can see the sow rig that I use on the pole behind him. This was discussed on the "What is your favorite snapper rig" thread on this forum.

Capt. Tony Langston and Patrick Lemire were great on this trip. They really like sharing knowledge with kids. This fish was caught on a chunk of B-liner that was brought up just minutes before. Within just a few seconds of Capt. Langston giving my son the bait advice he hooked up with this big snapper. BTW, Capt. Tony Langston can really find the fish!

Here we are back at the dock. Both days that we went out resulted in limits for all on board of red snapper. Monday was around a 90% limit and Wednesday was a 100% limit. The trip on Monday also resulted in several AJ's hitting the deck.

Woody and Russell from Snapper Slapper Lures also made the trip on Monday. They gave us some great tips on using Snapper Slapper lures. Thanks again Woody and Russell.

My son is still talking about his offshore trip and is already hounding me about going again ;-) BTW, I don't think I'll be bringing my own tackle anymore on the Capt. John. They have brand new Shimano TLD 25's mounted on custom rods so there is no point in lugging all that tackle to the dock IMO.

Here is another proud kid showing off his catch ;-)

Next are some misc. pictures I took on the new Capt. John.

Here is a look at the overall catch.

Finally, this is what it's all about ;-)

Thanks for letting me share a little bit of our trip with you!

Lumberjack93

·
2Cool Sponsor
1,166 Posts
Thanks for sharing!

I was about that age when my Pop took me on my first offshore trip.

I hope to pass on the offshore experience to my two daughters when they are ready.

Great pics!

Tom

·
Registered
246 Posts
It's alot of fun going out with the Texsun Two, I would imagine much better on the Capt. John. My son and I just went a couple of weeks ago and we'll be back.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gator said:
It's alot of fun going out with the Texsun Two, I would imagine much better on the Capt. John. My son and I just went a couple of weeks ago and we'll be back.
We had a really good time. The Deck Hands are very helpful with kids just like the Capt. and Pat Lemire. The whole experience was great.

I'll be going back on July 11th. Let me know if you will be there.

Lumberjack93

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ragman said:
Thanks for sharing!

I was about that age when my Pop took me on my first offshore trip.

I hope to pass on the offshore experience to my two daughters when they are ready.

Great pics!

Tom
My kids are already after me to take them again. We were on our way home from Galveston and they had already started in on me ;-) Dad, when are you going to take us back out Snapper Fishing.

Mike

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I forgot to post this earlier. The Capt. John - Texsun II has a fishing report on their website. They should have an account of our trip posted there soon.

Here is the link: http://www.galveston.com/texsuntwo/report.shtml

I hope that all of you guys out there fishing right now have calm seas and good luck. Catch one for me ;-)

Mike

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
July 11th

Argo said:
Hopefully I will have some more pics when we go back out on the Capt. John on July 11th.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts