2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
When it rains, I let it.
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
"I fell in love last night and my wife couldn't be happier!" Or, "An ole hippie finds what's missing in his life!"
Mary and I were watching The Discovery Channel last night 'cause they had a show on RV'ing. We've done everything from tent camping to fifth wheels. All have their pros and cons. We love camping, but don't have to have the amenities of home. What would be the point, right?

We found the answer last night in teardrops! What's a teardrop, you say? Glad you asked! They were built after WWII, based on the B-52 airfoil. How cool is that. When I saw it last night I remember some one in my family had one when I was a kid. They have a door on each side w/a vented window. The front sleeps 2 (lovingly). The back is the kitchen. Simple, compact(they weigh 500# to 850#) They are easy to trick out.

Talk about a beach camper!

I will build one of these, but in the meantime...when I got home tonight I moved the table saw and back my tool trailer into the shop. Those that have made the beach gatherings know what I'm talking about! LOL!

It's monster garage time at the Change house!!!! Jesse James: Eat my welding sparks! BWWWAAAAHHHAAA!!!!

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
That was a cool show I had never heard of tear drops before that was on...............................later<Dave

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
Surf City - Jan And Dean - Great!!

Two girls for every boy

I bought a '30 Ford wagon and we call it a woody
(Surf City, here we come)
You know it's not very cherry, it's an oldie but a goody
Well, it ain't got a back set or a rear window
But it still gets me where I wanna go

And we're goin' to Surf City, 'cause it's two to one
You know we're goin' to Surf City, gonna have some fun
You know we're goin' to Surf City, 'cause it's two to one
You know we're goin' to Surf City, gonna have some fun, now
Two girls for every boy

You know they never roll the streets up 'cause there's always somethin' goin'
You know they're either out surfin' or they got a party growin'
Yeah, and there's two swingin' honeys for every guy
And all you gotta do is just wink your eye

And we're goin' to Surf City, 'cause it's two to one
You know we're goin' to Surf City, gonna have some fun
You know we're goin' to Surf City, 'cause it's two to one
You know we're goin' to Surf City, gonna have some fun, now
Two girls for every boy
CF?:dance:

·
When it rains, I let it.
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
LOL!~I love it! Let the words flow!

All the leaves are brown
And the sky is grey
I've been for a walk
On a winter's day
I'd be safe and warm
If I was in L.A.

California dreaming
On such a winter's day

Stopped into a church
I passed along the way
Well, I got down on my knees
And I began to pray
You know the preacher likes the cold
He knows I'm gonna stay

All the leaves are brown
And the sky is grey
I've been for a walk
On a winter's day
If I didn't tell her
I could leave today

·
When it rains, I let it.
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OUCH! You just made me start thinking! I hate that... I have a welder, I have a tablesaw,
I have hand tools and a shop! OOOOOHHHKKKAAAAY! Now where do I mount the rod racks!

·
Banned
355 Posts
There is one on the corner of Durham and 26th, (I think). It's got an old Mobil Flying Horse decal on it. Man, you could fly down the road and never know it was back there.

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Don't laugh Darrell. I once knew a guy that his only vehicle was a Honda Goldwing. He used to pull his bass boat to Lake Conroe and Lake Livingston and launch it from the boat ramp just like he was driving a car or truck. Mighty strange looking sight but it served him well.

There are several different kinds of trailers made for big bikes and I don't see why you couldn't pull a small rig where ever you wanted to.

·
Premium Member
40,471 Posts
I saw one around here at the Car Show

I don't remember if it was at the Club or at Seabrook. It was neat, I talked with the owner and he said he got it new and travled all over the country with his family. He did some repair work over the years but for the most part just like he got it from the dealer.

·
Registered
564 Posts
That is perfect Dude, It looks so classic behind that woody. I wonder what comes out of that little tap in the back? I bet one done in aluminum would be great also. Maybe anodized in a purty color.... less weight you know.....

·
Registered
223 Posts
I think building one of these would be so cool. I've even designed one that could be built using a mostly "stitch and glue" method. With today's epoxys and fiberglass I bet you could really get innovative. Even though I like the idea of the teardrop, many seem to lack a certain gracefulness in the shape of the curve.

While surfing last night I saw a bunch of really cool sites about these babies. It just makes me want to get out the table saw and start at it. Oh wait, I have three more projects ahead of this one.

MIK

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.