·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Any news articles on this?

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
mastercylinder said:
ryan korsgard just did a live report from the galveston beachfront on channel 2 news about 30 minutes ago. they'll probably replay it at 10.
no wonder they sent Wayne D. to Boliver. He's only off by about 25 miles.

·
Registered
8,401 Posts
dont get too giddy about a Marine landing.... I seeem to recall that their past history of amphibeous landings were somewhat rough on the real estate.

·
Registered
7,942 Posts
I'm not convinced that the US marine corp can be rougher on that real estate than Ike. Welcome marine corp . Wish you could have come under better conditions but we are glad you are here.

kweber said:
dont get too giddy about a Marine landing.... I seeem to recall that their past history of amphibeous landings were somewhat rough on the real estate.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Love your country but keep an weary eye on your goverment. Military presence is welcome to restore order but not long term. Martial law is bound to be around the corner.

·
Premium Member
40,476 Posts
I think the story should be......

Nassau brings with it diverse assets and capabilities, including two MH-60S Nighthawk search and rescue helicopters, four landing craft utility, a beachmaster unit, a disaster relief team, a fleet surgical team, and a significant amount of water, food and other emergency relief supplies. The ship is also equipped with a 300-bed hospital, four medical operating rooms and three dental operating rooms.

·
Freelance Gynocolgist
727 Posts
Nassau also brings a large power source, the newest TAMUG ship was diverted from heading to Galveston during Katrina and help power back up and house/feed rescue and workers at the port of New Orleans.

·
Fin-ish Fantasy ('93)
4,668 Posts
I say welcome Marines! All this hogwash about keeping a leary eye on the government is pathetic!

·
29.42" Hg
5,238 Posts
BradP said:
Nassau also brings a large power source, the newest TAMUG ship was diverted from heading to Galveston during Katrina and help power back up and house/feed rescue and workers at the port of New Orleans.
There may be more than one United Sates Naval Ship off the Gulf Coast before the end of next week...

http://www.navy.mil/search/display.asp?story_id=39712

·
Banned
2,395 Posts
This is nothing but good news for you guys that need the assistance! The Navy and Marine corps has a long history of humanitarian aid operations. Of course I am a little biased.. :)

Cavalry is here ma, pack up!

·
Registered
475 Posts
I think that the poster who mentioned how the article should have read was talking about a USN aircraft carrier. There is not near as much medical space on a LHD which is what this particular ship is. I was on one very similar for 6 mos. the only fixed wing aircraft (jets) that can land and or take off from this thing are vert jumpers i.e. harriers, F-22'S

Anyhow I am glad to see the my fellow Marines are here to get things squared away and back on track!

CHEERS

BT

·
The Republic of Texas
4,595 Posts
kweber said:
We are not so hard on the real estate when we come in peace!!!!:wink: Semper Fi Devil Dogs and welcome to Galveston!!!

Mike

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Michael Dill said:
Love your country but keep an weary eye on your goverment. Military presence is welcome to restore order but not long term. Martial law is bound to be around the corner.
TEMPORARY martial law is preferable to losing what you have to looters. NOLA would have gone better if Russell Honore had landed earlier instead of the idiot Mayor, Governor, and FEMA director.

Frankly, and repeated surveys have shown I'm not the only one with this opinion, but I trust the military more than any other group. Local LEO's and Fire/Medics are the only ones who come close.

I'm not a veteran, but I do know those guys are sworn to defend the CONSTITUTION, not Congress and not the President. I think there would be disobedience if they received orders to start abusing their fellow Americans.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts