2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you recall, I posted a string of pics a while back of this monster boar going crazy on my feeder. Shortly after that my neighbor, who had seen the thread, thought he may have killed the big boar with his crossbow but the blood trail went onto my property and he didn't want to follow it through the fence. He knows I bow hunt and didn't want to chance messing up my hunting area. Nice neighbor.

I was out there a couple days later and saw no signs of the pig being dead on my place. No buzzards and I walked the area pretty good.

Well, either there were two of them or he survived. On a couple pics I noticed what could be a scar square in the left shoulder. If that was the shot from the crossbow it would've hit the shoulder armor and with a pig that size I doubt it would do much damage. The interesting thing is he's not coming to the feeder nearly as much as before. He used to be there every night. He's only been there three times since the crossbow shooting.

Could the white mark be the scar? I don't recall seeing that there in past pics.

·
Native Texan
10,978 Posts
He needs lead poisoning. Maybe when it gets cold, they won't be so nocturnal and you can get him. Otherwise, pattern him at night and stake him out with some NV or a spotlight.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would've been easy to get him at night before he got shot. Hell, I could've set my watch on his arrival and departure times. Since then he has switched it up and only comes in every now and then. Hopefully if I leave him alone for a while I can get him patterned again and whack him. I've got the .450 Marlin all sighted in and ready to roll. 350 grains leaving the muzzle at over 2200 fps oughta do the trick. Maybe on the next full moon.

·
Team Naughty Cool Fishing
846 Posts
He may be hurting a little from being shot. We have killed quite a few hogs that have had as many as 4 nolethal bow passthrough shots and were still living, but quite sore. there will be a full moon on the second, so that might be a good time for a night hunt.

·
Native Texan
10,978 Posts
The .450 MIGHT do the trick!!! LOL Good luck, seems like the last pics showed him knocking heck out of your feeder. He needs to, as my daddy used to say about a bad cow, take a ride to town.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He's not having as much luck with the feeder since I raised it up a couple feet. This is one of the funniest pics I have of him at the old feeder that he eventually destroyed...funny in a ****** you of sorta way.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I picked up a couple solar powered landscape floodlights today. And then stopped off to double check the 450 at te range. It's good to go. Should get interesting next week.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts