2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
dash8dvr said:
Hang in there, the toughest days for me were the first three days. After the third day, cravings were still there but were more manageable. Go get a bag of seeds (jalapeno worked best for me). I also used non-tobacco non-nicotine snuff which you can get from walmart (smokey mountain chew) or Randalls (mint snuff).
Do you still use them (non tobacco snuff) Or do you even have the need for something in your lip anymore.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I relied heavily on both the seeds and the fake snuff for about six months and slowly weaned myself off of both. When my cravings all but left, I did not have the urge to chew the fake snuff anymore. I still occasionally chew the seeds but its just because I like the taste.

I have heard from some folks that replacing the dipping with seeds or fake snuff is a bad idea, but I can honestly say it was the only thing that saved me from going back to dipping cope.

Hang in there, it gets quite a bit easier after a few days and drastically better after a week or so.

·
< ' /////* **
154 Posts
Easy Way

6 Months and smokeless. i dont hardly think about it anymore. After a meal this past week I rea;ized that not only did I not crave a smoke I didnt even realize I hadn't thought about it and hadnt for a while. I am really glad I read Carr's book. If I had bought it instead of checking it out at the library I would take Cat o Lies idea and pass it on.

Can wrestle and horseplay with my three sons and it takes alot longer to get winded now!!!

Awesome....hope all is well for the rest of you smoke retirees.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a friend who has loaned this book to 7 friends and all of them have quit. Crazy!! i had a similar experience about 6 weeks ago on the throne. I have dipped/ smoked since high school (13 years). i read an article in Men's Health descibing how the tobacco companies had targeted me in a marketing campaign. It described exactly when, where, and why i used tobacco when I started. Made me feel like i was sombodies b#tch. I spit the snuff out and have had none since. Best feeling in the world!!!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
ANDREWCMCDONALD said:
I have a friend who has loaned this book to 7 friends and all of them have quit. Crazy!! i had a similar experience about 6 weeks ago on the throne. I have dipped/ smoked since high school (13 years). i read an article in Men's Health descibing how the tobacco companies had targeted me in a marketing campaign. It described exactly when, where, and why i used tobacco when I started. Made me feel like i was sombodies b#tch. I spit the snuff out and have had none since. Best feeling in the world!!!!
That's powerful man! Good for you!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I can't beleive it!!!

After too, too many years of smoking, I bought the book on-line from Amazon. I read the book and half way through, I couldn't wait to quit!!!!! It is really amazing and as you guys say, so easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It really does work.

·
< ' /////* **
154 Posts
Hard to explain but...it works. Good to know that I am not the only fan of this book!

·
Registered
838 Posts
i think i will go find me a copy..i have wanted to quit for awhile and tryed alot of different things from cold turkey to buying the cheapest nastiest cigs in the store to gums and patches and even pills...........
well i have basically just started my dream job and i havent worked this hard in many years...not many people smoke at work so maybe now is a good time for me to try again
i will keep ya'll posted

thanks for the tip

brian

·
< ' /////* **
154 Posts
rebelangler said:
i think i will go find me a copy..i have wanted to quit for awhile and tryed alot of different things from cold turkey to buying the cheapest nastiest cigs in the store to gums and patches and even pills...........
well i have basically just started my dream job and i havent worked this hard in many years...not many people smoke at work so maybe now is a good time for me to try again
i will keep ya'll posted

thanks for the tip

brian
That icon you are sporting is making me want a smoke...LOL Good luck it is an easier task than people make it. People on this board may disagree but using gum or candy keeps the trigger alive longer which is just like poking at a tiger in my humble opinion. One more thing, if a situation is stressful it will be stressful with or without a cigarette, the cigarette will only make you want another....cigarette

·
Banned
652 Posts
Per reading on this book, I got the book Friday.

By Sunday afternoon I was about 110 pages in.

Looking forward to the action packed next 100 pages.

29 yrs of smoking and still hanging together...Everyday is a great day to stop the poisoning.

·
< ' /////* **
154 Posts
8 months

Update:

I have been a non-smoker for 8 months. Last night I was able run 2 1/2 miles without stopping, walked about 100 yards, and then ran another mile. I was so pumped from the progress I didn't notice much fatigue until after I walked home.

Lungs felt great. It seems that my legs started to tire before my lungs.

Look out 5K here I come.

·
<***********>< Fish on.
3,101 Posts
I do not smoke, but quit dipping 5 years ago (after many years of dipping). I just quit on my own by completely removing it from my life, but the secrecy of the contents of the book has peaked my interest.
I may get it just to read it, then pass it on to someone who wants to quit smoking.

·
Banned
652 Posts
I'm about to page 80 or so now. Finally I am getting to the meat of it and hope to get the time to finish by tomorrow.

So far I find it to be un-remarkable but I am hopeful.

·
Banned
652 Posts
I finished the book this past Sunday.

Unfortunately within about 3 hours I was smoking = about 1-1/2 hrs abstinence and that was pretty much white knuckled 2-1/2 hrs.

Dang I had high hopes for this.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts