2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried to quit smoking several times in the past and failed. I had a debate with someone about smoking and they gave me the easy way on CD. With no intention on quitting, I listend to the book because i said i would, and ended up quitting. In fact he tells you throughout the book not to quit smoking untill the book is finished and though the last few chapters i was forcing my self to smoke, I could not wait to quit!

here is the web site http://www.allencarrseasyway.com/ , but you can pick up the book or cd's on amazon.

I do not work for the company I just strongly beleive in this method. I personally know two others who have quit using the easy way. IT WORKS AND IT IS EASY!!!

Whatever method you decide to use i hope it works for you. I am free of nicotine and have never felt better.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I posted my story before looking thru the entire thread and found yours....EasyWay by Allen Carr is crazy eazy.

I wish all who want to stop would hear about his book!
CONGRAT. Really CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
< ' /////* **
154 Posts
No clockwork tactics

Just have to read the book or listen to the CD to get it...but I did it and have not even wanted a smoke......no scare tactics or use gum or any other krutches....just a bad %$# explanation. I was able to drink the night after I quit.

·
Kamikaze
4,549 Posts
Since you have used the book and have quit, how bout donating the book to the next person so they can take advantage of it? Each time someone reads it and quits, pass it on to the next person.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Cat O' Lies said:
Since you have used the book and have quit, how bout donating the book to the next person so they can take advantage of it? Each time someone reads it and quits, pass it on to the next person.
Now there is an idea,

·
Kamikaze
4,549 Posts
As an add-on, when the next person reads the book that has been given to him/her, and is successful in quitting, they then buy another book and give the two books the two more people that want to quit. This way you can try before you buy. At the end of this year, the whole 2cool community should have a lot less smokers.

·
Kamikaze
4,549 Posts
UPDATE! I bought the book on Monday and finished it last night! Like others said, it can help you quit if you read and understand the message Allen is putting across to you. I quit for three years using the other method he refers to in the book, and as he clearly mentions, I was only putting myself through pain and suffering. I started again with the odd cigarette.
Now I am prepared for those moments and have absolutely no doubt that I will never put another filthy, poisonous, weed roll in my mouth again!

·
Registered
296 Posts
I got the book off Amazon for $12 delivered.

Update in a week.

30 yrs and > 5,000 cans of snuff.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
I stop smoking, but now I chew my nails.. is there book for that..

when you start looking at high paid executive of tobacco company as some one that is trying to kill you while he is driving his nice yacht which you paid for , and when you have fear of dying sooner than everybody else. You will be done with it.

Try to borrow a car for a week from your best friend and listen to him , then tell him you really need a loaner lung not a car from him . He will say, do you want the waifs car or his car .

·
Registered
340 Posts
Well I finished the book yesterday and I gave a full can of snuff away just after.It has been a full day now and I feel good, I even drank a couple of beers last night and still wasn't dying for a dip.I will keep yall updated.

·
Registered
596 Posts
txcowpoke said:
Well I finished the book yesterday and I gave a full can of snuff away just after.It has been a full day now and I feel good, I even drank a couple of beers last night and still wasn't dying for a dip.I will keep yall updated.
Congrats and stick with it. Please keep us posted. I wish I would have read that book versus the cold turkey method....it might have saved me some grief.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Hang in there, the toughest days for me were the first three days. After the third day, cravings were still there but were more manageable. Go get a bag of seeds (jalapeno worked best for me). I also used non-tobacco non-nicotine snuff which you can get from walmart (smokey mountain chew) or Randalls (mint snuff).

·
Kamikaze
4,549 Posts
Today makes 2 weeks since I read Easy Way and quit smoking. I've been spending 30 minutes to 1 hour a day on the elliptical trainer for a week now and can actually walk up several flights of steps without getting winded. I also cut out the adult beverages Sunday-Thursday and will be in fighting shape soon!! The toughest time I've had was fishing Sunday but I just reminded myself that I don't do it anymore.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts