2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Right wing nut job, Bitter clinger to 2C
14,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 16 year old grandaughter has now got a boyfriend. :confused:
Its ok I guess, he has no tatoo's, piercings, short hair, he's kinda husky, works at the feed store,, I did ask if he wore cowboy boots and she said no... -1 POINT but thats the only gripe I could find about him.. I guess I was searchin tho..

I had her text message him and let him know that there was fishing trip needing to happen before I could let the relationship continue... Its just a granpa thing.. I figured he would say he don't like fishing and I could give him the bullet... Well he texted back ( I guess thats how ya get a date now is by texting ) I love fishing.. Ok I'm runnin out of no's to thro at her... suggestions welcome....

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
Stay out of her business. Let her parents raise her.:)

Now got that out of my system. :):)

Make her bring him over on the day you are cleaning all your guns.

Reactions: seabo

·
2Cool Beer Drinkers Association Member.
1,064 Posts
I guess if he is a honorable young feller ya gotta let him hold her hand and kiss her on da cheek. At least until ya get to know him better.

·
14,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I kinda figured that if i told her no that that would cement the situation..( thats a lotta thats hu)......
I understand the no you cant see the guy problem... So thats why I wanna take him fishin.. If he's a good kid he won't wear lead boots lol.

My daughters were rebeloius and when I told them no, they did the opposite.. I learned from that mistake... This time I plan on being involved to the point that he would rather be out with me than her...:eek:

·
Professional Salesman
9,758 Posts
Sounds like a good kid. Trust but verify. Keep throwing the "nos" just to keep him off balance. Don't run him off as long as he is respectable. She could go for worse, but will also tire of this one soon I'm sure.

You know your blessings are probaly more important to her than her folks (cuz we all know our parents were stupid). So save the grandpa bullets (pellets) for the really bad ones. She'll listen better then.

·
14,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bruce I went thru it with my 2 girls... If I told them no.. that meant do whatever it meant to make it yes... This is a new strategy,, I inflict my fishing and hunting upon the guy so much that he forgets about therelationship and becomes absorbed with something ele... I think its a dirty but slick plan.....

·
I Member Like It Was Yesterday
3,473 Posts
My youngest daughtar brought her boyfriend home when I was there, Just told him I had "no problem" going back to the penitentiary! problem solved!

·
Jedi Knight and Friend to Captain Solo
17,027 Posts
take the boy fishing, randall .. see what he's like before you make preconceived judgements.
This'll tellya most of what you need to know 'bout 'im. If he pulls out some gulps, or asks where tha livewell is on tha FerrariCat, then go with Bobby's idea 'bout cleanin' tha guns. :D

·
Registered Somewhere
5,635 Posts
When you go fishing with the lad, take a 5 gal bucket and a sack of concrete. Show it to him, while talking about how much you love your grand-daughter and that you would hate to see her hurt.

·
Master of Boats
1,434 Posts
JQ, I raised one daughter and son already, she got married four years ago, and he is STILL afraid of me. He will fish with me, but not go hunting with me. I asked him why and he said " Sir, you realize I AM sleeping with your daughter?"

HAHAHA, here are the rules I gave him and all her other BF. With the new daughter on board now, I am prepared to use them again, you may feel free to edit as needed for grandaughter....

TEN SIMPLE RULES FOR DATING MY DAUGHTER

1: If you pull into my driveway and honk you'd better be delivering a package, because you're sure as hell not picking anything up.

2: You do not touch my daughter in front of me. You may glance at her, so long as you do not peer at anything below her neck. If you cannot keep your eyes or hands off of my daughter's body, I will remove them.

3: I am aware that it is considered fashionable for boys of your age to wear their trousers so loosely that they appear to be falling off their hips. Please don't take this as an insult, but you and all of your friends are complete idiots. Still, I want to be fair and open-minded about this issue, so I propose this compromise: You may come to the door with your underwear showing and your pants ten sizes too big, and I will not object. However, in order to ensure that your clothes do not, in fact, come off during the course of your date with my daughter, I will take my electric nail gun and fasten your trousers securely in place to your waist.

4: I'm sure you've been told that in today's world, having sex without utilizing a "barrier method" of some kind can kill you. Let me elaborate, when it comes to sex, I am the barrier, and I will kill you.

5: It is usually understood that in order for us to get to know each other, we should talk about sports, politics, and other issues of the day. Please do not do this. The only information I require from you is an indication of when you expect to have my daughter safely back at my house, and the only word I need from you on this subject is "early."

6: I have no doubt you are a popular fellow, with many opportunities to date other girls. This is fine with me as long as it is okay with my daughter. Otherwise, once you have gone out with my little princess, you will continue to date no one but her until she is finished with you. If you make her cry, I will make you cry.

7: As you stand in my front hallway, waiting for my daughter to appear, and more than an hour goes by, do not sigh and fidget. If you want to be on time for the movie, you should not be dating. My daughter is putting on her makeup, a process that can take longer than painting the Golden Gate Bridge. Instead of just standing there, why don't you do something useful, like changing the oil in my car?

8: The following places are not appropriate for a date with my daughter: Places where there are beds, sofas, or anything softer than a wooden stool. Places where there are no parents, policemen, or nuns within eyesight. Places where there is darkness. Places where there is dancing, holding hands, or happiness. Places where the ambient temperature is warm enough to induce my daughter to wear shorts, tank tops, midriff T-shirts, or anything other than overalls, a sweater, and a goose down parka - zipped up to her throat. Movies with a strong romantic or sensual theme are to be avoided; movies which feature chain saws are okay. Hockey games are okay. Old-folks homes are better.

9: Do not lie to me. I may appear to be a pot bellied, balding, middle-aged, dimwitted has-been. But on issues relating to my daughter, I am the all-knowing, merciless god of your universe. If I ask you where you are going and with whom, you have one chance to tell me the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I have a shotgun, a shovel, and five acres behind the house. Do not trifle with me.

10: Be afraid. Be very afraid. It takes very little for me to mistake the sound of your car in the driveway for a chopper coming in over a rice paddy. When my Agent Orange starts acting up, the voices in my head frequently tell me to clean the guns as I wait for you to bring my daughter home. As soon as you pull into the driveway you should exit your car with both hands in plain sight. Speak the perimeter password, announce in a clear voice that you have brought my daughter home safely and early, then return to your car - there is no need for you to come inside. The camouflaged face at the window is mine.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Maybe you should show him your marksmanship via a couple of the rat pics... If he's a smart one, he'll get the message to be on the straight and narrow, but if he's on the short end...well....

Texacajun where are you????

SR!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts