2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of these "high bow" boats such as El Pescador, JH, Explorer, Shoalwater, etc. are great. They run skinny, you don't get wet, and numerous other things. But, they can perform bow flips. Sometimes when you get goin your back end can start to sway and when you slow down, WHOOSH your back end whips around and throws you out. Two men in Baffin and a few in the Lower Laguna(sp.) have been killed this year. They are great boats but dont go two fast.

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
your not liein... them are some dangerous boats. I heard of one at Laguna Madre comin back in high wind at Laguna Madre when his bow bit into an on comin wave and they just dove into the water... bow forward. kinda scary to me......JJ

·
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16
21,162 Posts
It can happen, as proof recently, but it is all about the driver and the conditions. If the motor is raised up out of the water running skinny, the flat back end with nothing in the water can do whatever it wants. When running an open bay with plenty of water to run the motor down (even in 12" of water) keep the motor down and these boats will never have a problem. Keep it raised up high, you're asking for it. It's all about the driver and conditions, not so much the boat having a mind of its own.

·
Banned
9 Posts
Your right, I own a 24' pesky and its all about driver and the lack of repect of the boat and water. This will nerver happen if the motor is jacked down running in chop. Everyone of these problems happen when lack of enough skeg int the water. Elpescador gets bad raps more then they deserve. Its not the boat its the driver.

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
i agree.... the driver is the problem. I heard that somewhere around Corpus area these 3 guys were high tailin it around a bend with the motor (yammie TRP) jacked way the heck up and trimmed up way too far. once they took the bend the boat just did a 180* turn trowin all the guys out. one man got his arm cut off by the the TRP and leg all screwed up. the other guy got slammed agianst the motor knockin him unconsiash while the other guy was lucky and was able to pull the injured men aboard. the guy with the severed arm was air lifted to the hospital and the othes were ok. you got to be carful with them boats......JJ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts