2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LOOKING ON THE HILTON MAP AND SEEN THE CLAYPILE JUST WONDERING IS THAT PLACE WORTH FISHING , GOOD SNAPPER OR KING OR BOTH . ANY INFO WILL HELP GUYS THANKS . ALSO HOW FAR IS IT FROM FREEPORT jetties

32 C C WELLCRAFT TWIN 250 YAMIES

·
Registered
437 Posts
Snapper is excellent on the hills and valleys to the sw...there are three or four rigs real close and I have slaughtered big ling there twice last year...I try not to catch kings so I really don't know about them..I have caught sailfish, aj, ling and great snapper there...

TS

·
Make blood !!!
3,707 Posts
We just got back from the clay piles about an hour ago. We caught a couple ling to 35, some Rockhind grouper, red snapper up to 22 lbs, some fat mangrove's and a nice dolphin. It was a great day and couldn't ask for the weather to be any better. We used some 3oz. Snapper slappers tipped and wore them out. The rigs are pretty close to each other and there is alot of bottom structure to hit. We have a 30cc wellcraft w/twin 225 . We ran out and back in around 45-50 mph. Just nice and smooth. Good luck if you go. I wish I knew how to post pics.

·
Registered
271 Posts
have cought king's to 50lbs, ling to 40lbs and good snaps. Wahoo have been caught there also. It's worth the trip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.