2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I guess I'll let that be my nickname for now until my wife and I get ourself a motorized gig. :cool:

Thanks guys!!

Thanks for all of your advice, especially Matt and Loy. We took the canoe down in the wind on Friday and fished for about 4 hours. Matt and Loy were down in the water and out fishing by the time we shoved off in the canoe. We managed 13 fish in the weather, mostly on soft plastics. Met Longhorn Daddy at the marina and he gave us 10 more fish to make 23 to go home and clean.

Sunday we went back out to the dam to try some more. Saw Loy again with some new people. We stayed right in a little eddy of to the right side(we found a spot where the canoe just sat on a slack anchor rope and didn't move) and pulled 30+ out of there before we picked up and started moving. Went up near the cable on the right side and back down the main current and got nothing so we ended up back where we started. Met GatorGar on the water yesterday too. We were stuck on #49 for about 25 minutes and I must have been getting a little delirious by that point, looking one way, casting another, and I darn near picked one of those "pre-chilled" whites out of Gator's boat (sorry about that). We picked up anchor and let the current push us back to the truck and didn't get #50 on the way, so we ended up leaving with 49.

Pictures will come tomorrow, I still have all of yesterday's fish to clean tonight.

Thanks to Matt and Loy for all your advice, Longhorn daddy for your fish, and Gator for being a good sport! :dance::dance::dance:

·
Registered
280 Posts
That's awesome. That's the second person I've seen down there in a canoe. I'm thinking about taking mine down there. And I still say 49 is better than sitting here at work or at home.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Jeff, I am glad you and Jennifer had a good time and caught some fish. Sounds like you are going to need to get you an electric fillet knife. There is nothing wrong with a canoe. My first boat was a 10 ft flatbottom. I have had several since then but I really enjoy the center console boats. Sometime ya'll will need to go with us on the main lake or if you see me down there by myself you can ride along.

Matt

·
Registered
22 Posts
glad to here yall caught a bunch of fish! I give you credit for gettin them from a canoe. I tried fishing from a canoe a couple times, it tough

·
Banned
764 Posts
Well i guess if Jeff is going to be "canoe guy" is Jennifer going to be "canoe queen". I got my limit this afternoon seems like the whites are getting heavier.

·
Registered
14,435 Posts
I remember you fishing form a jet ski BEC! I get my boat back Wed. and maybe tomorrow. I have a couple of trips to catch up. Then I'll take you out for some killer white bass action. And you can take me out this summer to walker's lake and show me some tricks.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Longhorn Daddy, it's people like you (and for that matter, most everyone on this forum) that save the good name most of us fisherman have.

Boyk, there were about 20 boats out there Sunday, which one were you in so I'll know you next time?

·
Registered
359 Posts
16' flat boat with a 25 merc. We probably had coors lights in our hands, carhartts, black f250, and maybe some loud lafter! Sat up near the cable on the west side and ran down the river for thirty or so minutes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts