2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://appleseedinfo.org/why_come.htm

I was tipped off to this program from an email a friend sent me. The program looks really interesting and I figured since we have so many gun enthusiasts on the boards maybe some of you might be interested. Would make a good gift for a young one or a lady (its free for them, if I am reading the website correctly) Has anybody ever been to one of their courses that might be able to provide some feedback?

Thanks,
Will

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know much about the CMP or the Appleseed project but I think the difference is the Appleseed project tries to expand beyond marksmanship and teach the historical context of why Americans believe in an armed citizenry. Apparently, Appleseed is an affiliate of CMP.

Appleseed blog said:
What's your real agenda? We seek to do three things: teach marksmanship & respect for the tradition of the American rifleman, and preserve the knowledge of our Revolutionary War history. That's all we're about, plain and simple. We believe if we teach it, it'll wake our fellow Americans...and an awake America is an America that cannot be defeated. We want freedom to ring strong. We want Lady Liberty to be safe. Marksmanship means more than accurate shooting. It means a love of liberty, a respect for our forefathers, and an acknowledgment of the debt of honor we owe to them. We believe this debt can never fully be paid, but by keeping the faith and passing on the heritage, we will repay what we can.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts