2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a fine afternoon and evening! Miss Pam invited me down to the Kemah Boardwalk for an afternoon and evening of casual shoping (SHOPPING?!?) strolling around and relaxing and then a fine meal out over the water. We started off just strolling along the boardwalk over in the area of the new rides and restaurants and stuff. Got hot pretty quickly so we pulled in under a shady spot and I had a bloody maria and Miss Pam had a Pina coloda. We refreshed our selves and then went back out and joined the modest crowd. I didn't want to eat at the Aquarium but I wanted to go in and see the fish. The pics below more or less explain themselves and I guess y'all can ID them as well as I can.

Attachments

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's a few more from the Aquarium.

There are some awesome fish in the big tank. There was a nice Hammerhead shark that was zippin' around in there way too fast for me to get a shot of him. The 'cuda wouldn't come up to the glass so his shot is a little dark. None of them are really what I wanted them to be. I coulda used Capt'n Ray for some help there.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Hey Jack did ya take your pocket fisherman?......................later,Dave

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The rest of the day/pics

We continued to just walk around and at one point we started to feel a few hunger pangs so we hit the Cadillac Bar for maybe some nachos or something to tide us over till it cooled off enough to eat dinner outside. We decided to go with the ceviche and man was it killer!!. Pam just had water but I felt the need of another bloody maria. I'm the Birthday Boy and Miss Pam is my designated driver so she said to go for it. She is my come-and-get-it moma and I'm her only-have-to-call-me-once man....I went for it.

When we went back outside it was beginning to cool off a little. We hit a few shops, the most impressive of which is the Thomas Kincaid art gallery. Lordy! That guy is AWESOME. All his paintings have a light effect that is really an eye catcher. She had to drag me outa there.

Finally we went on over to the old Jimmy Walker Landrys. This Landrys is not like all the other in the chain. By that I mean that if you go into ANY Landrys in the chain the menus and all menu items are identical. This landrys is in the old Jimmy Walker's building that got torn up by so many Hurricanes and lesser storms in the 50s and 60s. The menue has been left in the old Jimmy Walker style and it runs circles around the run-of-the-mill Landrys.

About 15 years ago we had an anniversary dinner there, up stairs, outside, right next to the water. We like to watch the ships come in at the end of the day and it is so cool and breezy and relaxing....We spent 3 1/2 hours there that time.

We were seated at our same spot and started the evening off with a round of drinks. Miss Pam had a frozen Margarita and I had a...a...well, I had another bloody maria (tequila instead of vodka) thank ya very much! :D After about 45 minutes we had a cold appetizer plate of crabmeat, and MONSTER size shrimp, about 45 minutes later we had out main course, the brioled redsnapper w/ponchatrain sauce on it. About 45 minutes after that we had some killer key lime and coffee.

All this time we were engaged in the most pleasant of conversation. In honor of the occasion we waxed nostalgic some, reflecting upon the wonderful years we had shared and where the HECK did all those years go!?!. Sometimes there were long stretches of comfortable silence as we each wandered back through the years alone or perhaps looked ahead to the future and wondered what lay in store for us.

As the sun began to sink lower and lower into the western sky, more and more boats began to come in and it turned out to be a splendid evening.

1. Ceviche at the Cadillac Bar
2. Drinks at Jimmy Walker's Landry's
3. & 4. a couple of nice looking rigs
5. a group of kids learning how to sail
6. the beginning of the parade of boats coming in in the evening.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
Jack Those Are Great Pics!

It's really hard to believe you're 60. You seem so young at heart and happy. I especially like the shot in the center of you and your lovely daughter holding up your festive drinks! CF?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts