2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the beginning of great winter fishing, sometimes with long periods of bad weather.
This is also the time of year that folks get sort of grouchy, and tempers can flare.
Get out and fish when you can and keep smiling!:biggrin:

·
ok, so gulp isn't that bad
1,199 Posts
i think the winter fishing started down here last week, if not sooner. we patterened fish for 'winter time' last weekend and only caught one football trout and a few missed hits...

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
i think the winter fishing started down here last week, if not sooner. we patterened fish for 'winter time' last weekend and only caught one football trout and a few missed hits...
We're not quite in the winter pattern here.....still waiting on the water to drop out. I'm pretty sure the front coming in Friday will do it.
Tight Knot

·
Registered
491 Posts
Winter is good but not as good as the summer just tell everyone ya'll know just to stick to fishing when it is warm that winter stuff is a myth!!!
I agree. Late spring/ early summer is my favorite time. Fall would be second on my list. Winter can produce some big fish but you have to be willing to grind for them. Not the most fun type of fishing in my opinion.

·
Banned
26,286 Posts
Winter is good but not as good as the summer just tell everyone ya'll know just to stick to fishing when it is warm that winter stuff is a myth!!!
Right...put some Sta-Bil in your tank & stay home till next April. Save your $ for gas & croakers next summer. Spend more time with your family during the holidays & get those honey-do's caught up on so you will be ready next Spring. I'll make the ultimate sacrafice & stay out there to make sure noone gets on your spots for the next 3 months...;)

·
swifty
3,234 Posts
Yep, what they said.
What he said...
However...nothing quite like getting to that spot in the summer, where you can cut the moisture in the air with a knife it's so thick, slowly get out of the boat in the "warm" waters of mid-summer and go to wade'n down a shoreline in search of a lunker. Nothing, nothing at all beats late spring\summer time down there.

You can have the cold...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts