2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sure someone will explain this for me....
our area was victum to the storms earlier this week...League City/Dickinson...of course there is fencing down along 646 and other surrounding neighborhoods..also I noticed some roof damage..
got a letter today from our homeowners...CANCELING COVERAGE 6/30/06!!! some sort of wind/storm waiver not signed (?) we bought the policy with w/s included...we just got the policy June 1 2006..we haven't even made a call to them!!
This is what I figure....
get coverage...opt for highest deductable - lowest premium (cheapest for homeowner)....make payment.. then they're allowed to change the coverage with minimum notice and you get robbed (nice word there for it)....

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Hey Sis,

Kaylin and I got something similiar when we first got the policy for our house in january... Call them etc etc... They will reinstate it... Our was something like... You didnt sign the policy etc etc bs bs bs

Bro

·
Registered
10,843 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Two suggestions: only buy insurance from an agent that will go to bat for you and then let him/her KNOW that they NEED to go to bat for you ( Been cancelled twice and make calls to my agent and he got me reinstated with no effort from me). Two, get a roofer to verify the damage while you are still covered and have time to file a claim.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have contacted out agent..will probably have to go the TDI route..the letter was not sent certified...regular mail....policy expires 6/30/06....need to get a roofing company ot to make sure there is not damage....

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
So what did the agent say... If you purchased windstorm, by contract they cant cancel it like that... Not till the policy is over.

read an artical about that in the galveston daily news etc

Insurance is such a racket... Im sick of the ups and downs with it all

Bro

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
According to our agent we did purchase w/h...atleast that is what we shopped for and was told we were getting....then just after the storm went through we get a letter saying they are canceling our policy because WE HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE REQUIRED SIGNED WIND/HAIL EXCLUSION FORM....now mind you the first payment has been made to the insurance and the policy was just put into place 6/1/06....we haven't even received the written policy..because the messed up our mailing address..the letter was dated 6/15/06..storm went through 6/12 or 13....ws not mailed certified...

·
Registered
19,246 Posts
There is a little portion in all windstorm policies that when you read it it l ooks like you shuld not sign it. I didnt once and they called me and advised me that i need to sign it or it will be cancelled. I signed it and all has been ok since then maybe this took place about 2 or 3 years ago. Its manditory. I dont think its a plan to cancel your insurance its just a policy of the insurance company. Should be some insurance guys (or girls) who can tell you about it on this board.

Charlie

Charlie

·
Registered
10,843 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
since I started the post mentioned in Kenny's recent posting here..I reviewed it and don't see much....since it was a new policy...we signed and faxed all papers required..but they are saying we didn't....now if it's not signed then what?..hopefully our agnet will get bk with us on Monday.....
also has any one else had this happen to them this week? or is it just because we have a new policy? I'll keep ya'll posted for sure...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts