2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
N/A
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With 1/2 the usual traffic on 290 and 0 e-mails in my inbox this morning it appears a lot of people are already getting a head start on the holiday. Parents are coming down from Lubbock and hopefully I can help my dad catch his first Flounder & Bull Red.

Anyone doing anything exciting this year?

·
http://talesofhumor.blogspot.com/
4,634 Posts
Just me, my gf and my 13 yr old daughter and our 2 dogs.. Going to smoke a turkey and cook all the trimmings and enjoy a (hopefully) quiet Thanksgiving...

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Heading to NYC Tuesday with the family. I go there all the time on biz and the wife loves the city, so the kids are gonna get a history lesson. Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, USS Enterprise, Central Park, Ground Zero and a Broadway play

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
going to see my parents in h-town, then back to g-town to visit our daughter ect... and all her grandchildren! then over to brian castille's house in isla to watch texas beat the aggies! sorry brian. then my wife and our grandaughter are off to jamaica and the caymans!

·
Is it really Monday again?
1,120 Posts
It's a first for me.

I got divorced two years ago after being married for 13 years. This will be the first year that I will spend Thanksgiving with out my children. They live with me and I love having them around. I'm going to be lost without them. I normaly take them to the deer lease after Thanksgiving dinner. I just can't seem to suck it up and find my holiday joy. :eek:hwell:

·
Life is tough, tougher if you are stupid
3,502 Posts
This weekend I am thinking of getting the ol' Tahoe detailed, considering trading it in on something newer after the beginning of 2010.

Hopefully it will be a light work week next week, but I ain't bettin' on it! Pig out Thursday with food, drink and football. Leave for the deer lease early Friday morning with the anticipation of meeting up with this guy!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,208 Posts
Only 5 guests over for ThankGiving this year which will be an easy clean up. Pack the lefts overs and head to the bay house for the rest of the Holiday weekend with my beautiful wife. I will be praying for a good tide, mild temps and low wind speed.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
My brothers are heading into town and I will be letting them set hooks on reds, trout and flounder then up to Lake Conroe to meet up with Mom, Dad and Grandma where we will continue to slay the crappie and blue cats!!!! We love to fish!!!

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
tWe head out to go camping in the Hill Country every year at this time and spend a couple of days driving along the Hill Country Lighting Tour (a big loop from Boerne to Johnson City, Marble Falls, etc.

We've had some terrible things happens on this trip (the bigges was learning our 15mth old son had leukemia in 1996, then learning, the next year, that he had relapsed and needed a bone marrow transplant.). The boys crashed their bikes a couple of years later (ER trip, thank Goodness for the busted helmets, not busted heads), my youngest, the transplant kid, was in ER all day for Asian Flu (type B) on the next one. This year, my wife is having a breast cancer relapse scare. We probably won't have her answer until we get back.

Seems like we ought to find another spot to go to, one without all this bad luck, but the wife and kids love where we go (Guadalupe River SP).

No smoked turkey this year, though. The kids voted on a ham and I'm good with that. Getting up at 3:00am to mess with an ice cold turkey is not fun. Nor is sitting outside and fighting of the raccoons in the dark (had one jump in my lap last year as I dozed off.)

·
Don't touch my junk, bro!
5,840 Posts
Orlando, Florida for the week. Parents have a place rented for the week. Hitting the parks, plus I'm hoping for a day in Cocoa beach fishing and sunbathing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts