2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Hook 'em
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my sounder set up by Rik last weekend down in Port A. As advertised, the guy is a walking user's manual. Did not get out fishing due to weather and other obligations but learned more than I could ever remember just puttering around the shrimp channels with Rik punching buttons and offering instruction. Rumor has it that Rik is working his way south along the coast gathering new readings for his book. I only wish I hadn't waited as long as I did to get him on my boat. I'd highly recommend Rik to any of our "southern fleet" . Thanks again, Rik.

·
Paddle solo, sleep tandem
3,601 Posts
I'll second that. Rik is the man and will continue to be welcome to hang out with me whenever he wants. Not to mention, not only does he work wonders with the sounder, he's one of the best deck hands i've ever seen, can rig a shrimp to catch a marlin(insert laughter) and will have you rollin the whole time.

Rik also put my dad on his 5 triple snapper hook ups with all the snapps being over 15lbs each. i was jealous, but hes one heck of an angler.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I"ll agree with BWB. I'm glad that I had the chance to have Rik out on my boat before Ike sank it. I learned a TON from him that day and had much success on subsequent trips. Not to mention he's a great guy to fish with...play some Jimi Hendrix for him and he'll have you catching fish all day.

·
Concrete Contractor
12,404 Posts
Same, nothing but thanks to Rik for mine also. Hopefully the many fisherman that lost boats will get new ones and have Rik swamped with setting up new sounders. Rik call me so we can find some new spots.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Thanks Burt!

Thanks Doc! Thanks for puttin Mary and I up. I can`t wait to come back and fish with
you on your fine 34ft. Venture. You are a Prince and a great host. Thanks Guys! Rik
P.S. I am working my way South but I am ready to check out what I feel will be greatly
improved fishing after the storm everywhere. Sorry about your Boat Jerome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts