2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate
23,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to say thank you to everyone who posted on threads, sent cards, emails, PM's, phone calls and who signed the virtual book at the Victoria Advocate. A lot of you knew my Dad and I and a lot of you have never met him or me. That sure says a lot about the character of a lot of people who visit these board.

We received messages of sympathy from people I've known on here for years and from people I've never met. It truly means a lot to me and to my family.

My Grandfather use to say "choose your friends carefully because they are a reflection of who you really are."

Thank you.

TH

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,429 Posts
Glad your Ok Martin, I been thinking of ya, losing my Pop was the hardest thing I've ever delt with, even after 29 years I can still feel him by my side when I'm in the woods....

·
We all have it coming......
8,792 Posts
Glad to hear you are findinga little peace. I know yesterday must have been tough.

Never met your Dad, but, he must have been one of the good guys because you turned out alright!!

Let me know if you need anything bud.

·
Give it hell Remy!
42,851 Posts
TXPalerider said:
Glad to hear you are findinga little peace. I know yesterday must have been tough.

Never met your Dad, but, he must have been one of the good guys because you turned out alright!!

Let me know if you need anything bud.
That was my thought as well. Martin's dad raised a heck of a good man. I don't know what all else he may have done but that in itself is a great thing. I know you are holding your head high bro.

·
Kayak Fisher
7,566 Posts
I've heard it said that "grief is the price we pay for the ability to love." Your dad will always be a part of you even though he's gone. Time will take the edge off the pain, and you'll have his lovely memories. Blessings to you and your family.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts