2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know how much more of THIS i could take... trying to surf-fish in front of a crowded hotel kinda sucks. Who knew?

·
In God We Trust
1,348 Posts
MOB

Welp had a father and son surf trip planned this past Sat. to MOB. Hit the beach entrance and a closed gate beach closed sign confronted us. Ended up getting on and headed to the end. The high clay banks at the end had suffered from Laura's storm surge and were impassable I walked in scouting for any possible dry trail, to no avail. We fished our way back off beach catching an undersized variety of fish on fresh dead. Enjoyed micro fishing at the Quintana jetty for piggies, croakers, mangroves. My son put a nice sized live piggy on and cast into the channel to soak, but no takers. It was great they closed the beach on our behalf. Saw 2 vehicles on the beach.lol Fishing trips for us are hard to schedule as we both work full time and I felt like Mr. Griswold at WallyWorld. :sheepy:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man @Duckchasr im sorry... thats a really sad tale. We've all been going through it but still. Some of my best days were the result of plan-b being thrown into effect. Still though, thats rough and i hope you get a great trip on the next round sir.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts