2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
What's a Corky?
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glad to see they are on top of things. Right after the screen where they tell us we are under a tropical storm warning, they say there is a 30% chance of scattered showers and an East wind 5-10. Is it just me or have they just completely lost any clue they ever had?

·
Registered
7,481 Posts
The weather channel is nothing but pretty faces and simple weather maps, speaking of that, did anyone see Heather Tesch this morning? Pure beauty! Seriously, most of their weather is worthless but their hurricane/storm department isnt too bad.

·
Unruly Member
2,620 Posts
Hey - I was planning a trip down to High Island (from Dallas.) I think I'm to blame for the unexpected and unusual reformation of Ivan. That aside, what is the best source for weather in the Galveston / High Island area? Is it possible the storm will have moved inland by Friday night/Saturday morning?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
StinkBait said:
The weather channel is nothing but pretty faces and simple weather maps, speaking of that, did anyone see Heather Tesch this morning? Pure beauty! Seriously, most of their weather is worthless but their hurricane/storm department isnt too bad.
I have an inlaw who is a weather forcaster. I asked him if he was ever going to be on TV. He said the people you see on TV are "script readers" and nothing more!!

·
Premium Member
40,471 Posts
For Galveston area

Best weather reports comes from Kenny
It's hard to beat, if you go outside and your face gets wet, then it is raining.

·
Unruly Member
2,620 Posts
All,

I officially called the fishing-buds and cancelled this weekends trip to High Island. I also duly informed my wife I will be around the house this weekend - and ready to take the kids to soccer and be available for chores. You can expect Ivan to dissipate and the sun to shine all weekend!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.