2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The old Johnson 120 was about dead, still ran great but the steering arm was about rusted completly thru..... I got a great deal from a coworker on a 1990 Procraft bass boat with a Merc 150 XR4... Very low hours, less than a hunert.... Sold the whole rig to me for $750, boat motor and trailer, the boat is in decent shape, and the merc is immaculate...Hooked an external gas tank to it and she fired right up and purred like a kitten, even has good water pressure, but I'm gonna change the impeller anyway..So. I'm doing the swap, and I think they built the bass boats around the wiring harness, it's a ******, and it's hotter than heck outside.... Won't be long she will be burnin up the bay, and marsh.... Here's a few pics....

Attachments

·
Registered
325 Posts
Shade?

Hey BH why not put a tarp on the hoist for some shade & then a fan. OH I know if you had all that it would cut into the beer drinkin time(LOL).

Good luck with it.

EZ

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
dang

Now I gotta start blind folding you D. HaHaHa Looking good brother, I know you have many weekends of blood, sweat, and BL Tallboys in that thing. Looks good but I do agree with one thing. We need to run her across little hodges and get all that ugly paint off the skeg. Cant wait to get it on the water and see if she'll scream. Wanna race?

Z

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
NOw that's what I call some good luck, Darrell. I know some specs in Trinity Bay that have no idea the trouble they are in.

Good luck my friend!

Reactions: Badhabit

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
********* said:
Now I gotta start blind folding you D. HaHaHa Looking good brother, I know you have many weekends of blood, sweat, and BL Tallboys in that thing. Looks good but I do agree with one thing. We need to run her across little hodges and get all that ugly paint off the skeg. Cant wait to get it on the water and see if she'll scream. Wanna race?

Z
My Brutha, won't be long I'll have that skeg so shiney that Coolchange and Walkin' Jack will be envious..... And your right, lotsa sweat cause with swapping brands ALL wiring and controls have to be changed, and a couple of gauges... Got lotsa new goodies to go on it, and Miss Dixie is as excited as I am.... But I bet it will take a bunch of trips to teach her how to use the new GPS... I think she will like it tho... :biggrin:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts