2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guy's
i will have a sale on 6ft6 & 6ft9 texas waderstix in the spin model with the ""new titanium guides "" & the new no tangle wrap tips!!
you will love these new spin guides "nooooooo wind knot's"" longer cast with much less casting fatigue ! also if you need to do some pin point casting these guides will help you in that area as well, all my micro spin rods will now carry titanium guides as normal guides no up charge for better gradse guides just a better rod with better guides no rust & no ring falieure ,the tips are quite unique due to the fact that they have the ceramic ring locked in so that you have no ring faliure plus the tip has a feature that allow's the braid to roll off the tip, the frames of the tip are wide spread thus keeping the braid spread apart not allowing it to wrap around the tip also if you look closely there is no "weld" bar or cross bar for the braid to slide down to & catch this feature is on all billystix custom rods.
also the main stripper guide break's down the loops before they enter the main guide this gives the lure a pulling action or in simple terms ""the lure once it leaves the rod it draws or sucks the line evenly thru the guides""
this is why you get no wind knot's & a much smoother cast.
i will be offering these spin set ups for $225 thur july the 4 th plus ship.
now remember ""titanium"" guides these are not your cheapo guides these are top dollar guides.i have taken some shot's of the tip ,reel seat "comfort grip" etc for you get a better look.
let me know if i can be of further help.
stix

Attachments

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
I used the 6'9 Texas Waderstix spinning rod yesterday anytime I went with my popping cork/Vudu shrimp setup and the rod performed very well. When there's $30,000 on the line, you obviously want to be using a rod that can get the job done and these Billystix spinning rods are bad to the bone!

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bad to the bone

I used the 6'9 Texas Waderstix spinning rod yesterday anytime I went with my popping cork/Vudu shrimp setup and the rod performed very well. When there's $30,000 on the line, you obviously want to be using a rod that can get the job done and these Billystix spinning rods are bad to the bone!
roy
thank's for the stand up on the spin rods!! how did you do in the tourney over the week end??
stix

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
We did good, caught close to 30 fish including several reds in the 22-26" range, but couldn't find the big 27-28" that we needed. I think our weight was in the 12 lb range and just an ounce or two from being in the $$. Out of 70 teams we finished about 15th though so not bad for my first pro tourn. I learned alot and enjoyed meeting some of the other guys from diff teams and sure Ill be seeing them around at future events. I had 2 of my Billystix rods with me and both performed very well. Looking forward to the next tournament and finishing on top this time!

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Here's a couple of the reds from the tournament. Was fun, but I'm not satisfied finishing 15th...I want to cash one of those big checks!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372707963.275830.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts