2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
We all have it coming......
8,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anybody familiar with the Texas Tuition Promise Fund? It is a Section 529 prepaid tuition plan. It allows you to lock in the cost of undergraduate college tuition and required fees, protecting you against future tuition inflation.

From what I can tell, it is very similar in nature to the Texas Tomorrow Fund that was closed to enrollment about 5 years ago.

I have Texas Tomorrow Fund accounts for my two oldest kids (15 and 7), but I did not get my youngest (5) enrolled before they closed enrollment for the plan. I'm seriously considering enrolling him (youngest) in this plan (TTPF), but, I thought I would check and see if anybody familiar with it before I did.

Pros? Cons? let me know.

Thanks in advance.
TXPalerider

·
We all have it coming......
8,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rockhound76 said:
The Texas Tomorrow Fund is coming back again. The 529 Plan will continue as an option. I wish I had gotten the kids in it when they were younger, but opted for a conventional 529 Plan since then. Base on the performance of my 529's, the TTF was a better deal.

No word on the pricing of the new TTF.
Actually, according to the Texas Tomorrow Fund website, the Texas Tuition Promise Fund IS the replacement for Texas Tomorrow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.