2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have worked for TEXAS INSTRUMENTS in Stafford, TX for the past 15 years. In the aftermath of "IKE" I feel they have stepped up to the plate and taken steps that are above and beyond anything that could be expected.

Since the storm they have provided, free of charge, ice, water, gas, laundry service, assistance for FEMA, ..., ..., ...! In addition, each employee was given funds to restock the fridge and freezer due to the loss of electricity.

These past couple of weeks have been very trying, but as things slowly get back to somewhat normal I have a sense of pride working for a company that has the desire to "git r done".

·
Got Wasabi?
2,635 Posts
I wonder what the productivity, throughput, quality, and turnover numbers will be like at that plant after this?

Your competitors had better be scared. VERY SCARED!

·
Registered
798 Posts
Mrschasintail said:
That is fantastic. I work right around the corner from you, and our boss would never consider doing something like that.
I can see TI from my office too and I wouldn't do that for my employees...well it's just me so I guess I did sorta. :spineyes:

Good on TI for taking care of their people...that's way cool!

·
Registered
7,942 Posts
My company, Marathon Oil, has treated us like foreign dignitaries since we reported back on Tuesday after Ike. I dont always agree with my corporation but when push comes to shove they take care of us ( and we take care of them BTW)

·
Registered
127 Posts
my neighbor works for waste management and he said they did alot also for their employees. they fed them luch everyday last week and also brought in two tanker trucks from san antonio and filled up the employees personal vehicles so they did not have to fight gas lines coming to and from work. i think they did more but thats just what i remember right now.

cs

·
the love of my life
9,585 Posts
wow

thats awsome--i work for another great company--fed ex--they also treat us very well as a company:texasflag

clownshoe said:
my neighbor works for waste management and he said they did alot also for their employees. they fed them luch everyday last week and also brought in two tanker trucks from san antonio and filled up the employees personal vehicles so they did not have to fight gas lines coming to and from work. i think they did more but thats just what i remember right now.

cs

1 - 10 of 10 Posts