2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Texas Oilmans Tournament was a big success again this year, raised a lot of money for charity. Headed out thru the Colorado (this really needs to be addressed) the seas were perfect, which was a blessing our crew was less than experienced. Tried to make bait which was difficult managed a few, now it is on to our first stop picked up a couple of nice snapper, and a king fish, our crew missed a lot of quality fish and I knew it was going to be a long day of missed fish, tangled lines, and reriging. Caught a few quality fish but nothing that would put us on the board.

Day two and our crew is tired and hung over (I am thinking at least weigh in is early 3:00). The whole time during this process with all the missed fish (Rik Jacobsen) is telling me, we a are going to find a winning fish although not sure if we would be able to get it in the boat. Now time is getting late and our last stop and drop we boat a 19# Red Snapper.

We eneded up taking 1st Place in the Red Snapper division. Rik thanks for all your patience and help with the crew that we had. For those of you that do not know Rik Jacobsen can help beginners or experienced fisherman or women. Thanks again Rik.

I would like to get some other comments from some other people that fished in the tournament. I saw a 75#-100# wahoo on my neighbors boat, sure would like to know the actual weight.

Lock-n-Load

Lock-n-Load

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Texas Oilmans

We also fished it , had a great time. We had a crew from the Netherlands that hever fished before. They did a great job catching alot of fish. We caught alot of decent sized kings and kept 2 for the weigh in. We also caught 2 decent sized ling for the weigh in also. Day one we were on the leader board with a 42 lb king which was in 1st place and our 37 lb ling was in 3rd. Day 2 was a short day and our crew was late getting to the dock so our day was shorter. We caugh alot of kings again and another ling , but none of them beat our day one fish. We also caught a couple of limits of snapper. We ended up in 1sy in kingfish and we got beat out on the ling. Had a great time with some good people. Here are some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Robs and I have a favorite picked in this race.....waiting on the results....Congrats on your 1st place....

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
OOps he just showed up....Congrats Mark...We will see you in 2 weeks

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Thanks Tim!

I had a blast fishing with you Tim! The weather was awsome. Everything worked out well and as you said there were nice fish caught all around. Rik

·
Registered
413 Posts
1st place Snapper, ****. Congrats. I tried calling you on the radio a few times on Saturday. We ran the Grady out of Tiki and hammered the snapps. I will post a report shortly.

I am out for next weekend, I have to take the spouse bay fishing in Port A for the weekend, but I will be back for next weekend.

Way to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts