2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
You can't be me...I'm a RockStar!
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if any 2coolers have any experience with this home builder??? Or may have heard and comments of them from someone else.

Found a floorplan of their's we really like, and wanted to find out some insight as to their quality and reliability.

Any comments in this regard are greatly appreciated!

Cheers All!!!!

bs

·
Texas lure nut
4 Posts
First Texas Homes?

First Texas Homes is a top five builder in Dallas and they are based here as well. They build homes in the larger end of the production home market and will generaly do quite a few changes for you. If you purchase one, make sure they under stand exactly what you want in the home. As far as Quality, The home will be only as good as the superintendant that over sees the construction and the contractors he uses. This is true of all builders. I know Dallas is a buyers market and I think that is also the case in Houston so don't be afraid to ask for more.

·
Registered
105 Posts
This may not be your first rodeo in the home building process but it is mine as I am in the middle of building a new home. I am using a "build on you lot" builder but a couple things I have learned is. 1. See if the owner/ builder gives out his cell #. Ours does not and this has been a problem. We have our Superintendants # but there are many questions/ issues that the owner/builder needs to answer some times takes several days for him to call back. 2. Do not sign papers that state that you the customer is responsible to pay for any thing that comes after you have agreed on a price of the home. Our builder keeped calling with " Oh by the way's" that I feel he should have known about in the beginning befoe we agreed to use him. I feel that he just waited until we hired him and he had the mechanical lean and then hit us with the extra costs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts