2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a late start and did not get in the water till about 8:45 so was not expecting much. Fished a reef and lost two Trout and decided to move near the flood Gate. This produced nothing but did find a big dead trout. It was right at 28 inches and had its belly cut open and insides removed. Why would some one want to wast a nice trout like that. I believe that you should either mount it or let it or unless you are in a tournament.

Redfish Bob

·
Banned
1,701 Posts
If it was onshore by the floodgates, my guess is the person that caught it and did that didn't have a fishing license to begin with. I would have rather seen them give it away to somebody instead of leaving it to waste like that. I understand that's breaking the rules as well, but it's the lesser of two evils in my opinion.

Kay

·
Registered
5,803 Posts
What's the point of gutting a trout you're gonna throw back, whether you have a license or not? Why not just toss it back whole?

Not that either way is ethical I'm just wondering what the point of gutting it is.

·
Shoalwater owner/ concrete guy
5,153 Posts
THIS THREAD IS 4 1/2 YEARS OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Why would anyone want to eat a Spec over 21 inches anyway ? Catch and release all Spec's over 22 inches. A 28 inch trout will produce other trout to 28 inches or over. Take pictures and measurements. If you want a mount, you can't get any better than a fiber glass mount. A 28 inch trout does not make for that good a table fare, anyway.

Perfect size trout for eating is 19 - 20 inches. If the trout is not big enough to feed 2 people, release it. If the trout is big enough to feed 4 people, release it.

Just my personal opinion !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts