2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got a call from a friend and he wanted to use his boat and go fishing. My original plan was to fish Tue Am for specks but I agreed to go fishing anyway. His main concern where to go with no tide movement and no wind. So Texas City was the place and we started to fish for sand trout in 13 to 14 inch range. Past couple of times they were not at their local hang out but today was different so the massacre began at 4pm and we pulled out at 6pm . we had 25 or more and could had more if we wanted to catch more . since we were in a large school, I experimented with lure and different bait . this will be old news to some of you but I learned that lighter and smaller lure worked best and larger lure was missing and I had a hard time figuring when the fish had the bait in their mouth. in addition larger lure was often pulled down without hook up. color did not matter . tipped the lure with shrimp to prevent it from hang up. lure with shrimp was doing much better enclosed is the lure pic. depth 3ft , no wind ,no current , moon 98% . fished from 4pm till 6pm two people on board .

notice the large lure was pulled down and tail is gone.

I was hooking up with this lure easier since it was tipped with shrimp to prevent hang up and it is smaller and lighter.

work is for people who dont know how to fish !

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Yep, that's a heck of a fishing trip. 25 fish in 2 hours, you don't get much more fun than that. Good job!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
nice trip! i wade fishe4d mosquito island monday morn. live shrimp and arties... caught one 21" trout. about 4 small ones, 2 rat reds and lots of croaker and whitie. on our way in we had a 4-5" shark bust top water about 20ft off of us... then seen nothing but dorsal fin heading right for us.... i stayed still pulled the fish (well one trout!) out of the water and watched my little cousin almost pass out!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts